Earth And Sky

As soon as Gaea achieved lift off, the ground solidified

As soon as Gaea achieved lift off, the ground solidified. Percy and I ran towards Jason and Piper. My thigh was killing me, but I pushed away the pain. Demigods stopped sinking, though many were still buried up to their waists. Sadly, the monsters seemed to be digging themselves out more quickly. They charged the Greek and Roman ranks, taking advantage of the demigods' disorganization.

I willed vines to grow from the ground and tangle around the monsters. The children of Demeter caught on and did the same. Those who were free went to help pull the demigods out of the ground. Jason wrapped his arms around Piper's waist. He was getting ready for take off before Percy stopped him.

"Wait!" Percy called out as we drew closer to them. "Frank can fly the rest of us up there! We can all-"

"No, man." Jason said. "They need you guys down here. There's still an army to defeat. Besides, the prophecy-"

"He's right." Frank gripped Percy's arm. "You have to let them do this, Percy. It's like Annabeth's quest in Rome. Hazel at the Doors of Death. This part can only be them."

"He's right, Percy." I told him when I noticed Percy didn't like the answers he was getting. "They're going to need all the help they can get down here. Some are still stuck in the ground."

"Hey!" Annabeth called out to us. A flood of monsters swept over the Greek forces. "Problem over here!"

Percy and I quickly went to go help them out. I blocked an attack heading toward Kayla as she tried to pull Nyssa out from the ground. The two glanced at me with wide eyes as I stabbed an ogre in the chest. He turned to dust and fell into a pile on the ground. The ground loosened and Kayla was able to bring Nyssa out. Nyssa stumbled as she took out her sword.

"We're good." Kayla waved me off as she took out her bow and notched an arrow. "Go see who else needs help."

I gave her a nod and ran off. Dakota was controlling the vines on the other end of the battle. I helped the children of Demeter grow more on our end. Some were helping bring the demigods trapped in the ground out. I helped focus more on the defensive end. From the corner of my eye, I saw Percy slashing and stabbing at monsters as he made his way towards me.

"How long can you guys hold the vines?" Percy asked us.

"As long as we can to help bring the last few out of the ground. Why?" I turned toward him.

"There's more coming." Percy pointed his sword behind the vines.

I cursed in Ancient Greek when I noticed more monsters coming our way. The children of Demeter had a good hold of the vines and plants that created a barrier. I gnawed the inside of my cheek as I thought of a plan.

"What are you thinking?" Percy eyed me warily.

"Think you can watch my back as I control some more madness to buy time?" I questioned.