Five Is The New Magic Number

I had spent a majority of the night catching my brothers up with what happened

I had spent a majority of the night catching my brothers up with what happened. We brainstormed ideas off each other about the maze and what we knew due to dad. It seemed we would need to talk to our stepmom about it as well whenever we can. Once I fell asleep, dreams of being lost in the labyrinth kept me awake most of the morning. One particular dream focused on my stepmother using a string to guide her through the maze before it transitioned to me using the string and being lost.

The next morning, the war council was called by Chiron.  Percy, Annabeth, Clarisse, Tyson, Grover, Juniper, the Stolls, Beckondorf, Lee Fletcher, and Argus were present. I was the only one from the Dionsyus cabin due to dad not wanting us to be involved in the war council meetings and because I was in the labyrinth. I could only imagine how upset dad will be once he comes back from talking with all of the minor gods. Now he has two reasons to be upset with me: Percy being my partner last night and now being a part of the council today. 

I had a cup of coffee in front of me, staring at the steam rise into the air. My  head rested on my fist as I tried to stay awake. Percy was sat beside me, nudging me softly when he saw me starting to doze off.

"You okay?" He softly asked as Annabeth started to talk.

"Couldn't sleep." I gave him a small smile.

"I can tell. The bags under your eyes are horrendous." Percy smirked, lifting his finger to lightly touch my under eyes.

I rolled my eyes and smacked his finger away. He snickered and leaned back into his chair.

"Luke must have known about the Labyrinth entrance. He knew everything about camp." Annabeth stated with a hint of pride in her voice.

I frowned, knowing that Annabeth still liked Luke. Wether it was because they grew close and consider each other family or because of the crush she has had on him, the pride of how smart he was bothered me. It bothered me because she could do so much better than him and save her feelings. She's only going to get hurt in the end. Especially with him on enemy lines.

"That's what I was trying to tell Percy and Ivy last night." Juniper glanced towards the both of us. "The cave entrance has been there a long time. Luke used to use it."

"You knew about the labyrinth entrance, and you didn't say anything?" Silena questioned with a frown.

"I didn't know it was important." Juniper's face turned green. I nursed the warm cup in my hand before taking a sip of coffee. "I don't like yucky old caves."

"She has good taste." Grover said.

"I wouldn't have paid any attention except...well, it was Luke." Juniper blushed.

"Forget what I said about good taste." Grover huffed as he crossed his arms.

"Interesting." Quintus polished his sword. "And you believe this young man, Luke, would dare use the labyrinth as an invasion route?"