Hera Is A Patron

So much for me taking a nap after the cabin tour

So much for me taking a nap after the cabin tour. Annabeth and I carried Piper to the Big House. She still wasn't waking up. We were running as best as we could. Rachel was a nervous wreck, crying from guilt.  She pushed opened the front door of the Big House. We dragged Piper in, her head lolled to the side. Chiron and Jason both turned to look at us.

"What happened?" Jason rushed over. "What's wrong with her?"

"Hera's cabin." Annabeth gasped, trying to catch her breath. "Vision. Bad."

"I think..." Rachel looked up with tear stains on her cheeks. She gulped when she saw all the attention on her. "I think I may have killed her."

Rachel quickly introduced herself to Jason as Annabeth and I put Piper on the couch. Annabeth rushed down the hall to get a med kit. Luckily, Piper was still breathing.

"We've got to heal her." Jason insisted. "There's a way, right?"

"Her mind is in a fragile state." Chiron placed his hand in her forehead and grimaced. "Rachel, what happened?"

"I wish I knew." She said. "As soon as I got to camp, I had a premonition about Hera's cabin. I went inside. Annabeth, Ivy, and a Piper came in while I was there. We talked, and then-I just blanked out. Ivy and Annabeth said I spoke in a different voice."

"A prophecy?" Chiron asked.

"It sounded different though." I crossed my arms. "Not the voice she speaks with a prophecy is spoken. It was different. Older."

"Ivy's right. The spirit of Delphi comes from within." Rachel shook her head. "This was like long distance, a power trying to speak through me."

Annabeth ran in with a leather pouch. She knelt next to Piper.

"Chiron, what happened back there- I've never seen anything like it. I've heard Rachel's prophecy voice. This was different." Annabeth said. "She sounded like an older woman. She grabbed Piper's shoulders and told her-"

"To free her from a prison?" Jason guessed.

I turned to stare at him confused.

"How did you know that?" Annabeth stared at him.

Chiron made a three-fingered gesture over his heart. It was a ward against evil.

"Jason, tell them. Annabeth, the medicine bag, please." Chiron was handed the bag.

He trickled drops from the medicine vial into Piper's mouth. Jason explained what had happened when the room froze for him- including Chiron and Seymour, the rescued leopard head my dad rescued from a garage sale and granted it life. I walked over to the leopard and scratched under his chin. Seymour purred gratefully. Jason continued to tell us that a dark misty woman claimed to be Jason's patron. I furrowed my brows.

"So does this happen often?" Jason asked. "Supernatural phone calls from convicts demanding you to bust them out of jail?"

"Your patron." Annabeth said. "Not your godly parent?"