Watering The Stones

Walking by a crowd of monsters was nerve wrecking

Walking by a crowd of monsters was nerve wrecking. Monsters were everywhere- hundred of ogres, Earthborn, Cyclopes milling through the ruins- but most gathered at the Parthenon, watching the ceremony. I tried my hardest to control the loud beating of my heart. Luckily my sword was also camouflaged by the Mist. I walked past a group of giants that were huddled near the outskirts between the Old Temple of Athena and the Parthenon.

I had tried to walk by them as naturally as I could. They didn't notice me at first. It wasn't until one of them saw me walking towards the outer edge to go around back of the Parthenon. They murmured amongst each other as I tried my best to not look obvious and quicken my pace.

"Hey, Earthborn!" One of them called out. I pulled a face and stopped in my tracks begrudgingly. I turned around to face them. "Where are you going? Your group is over to the left."

I shrugged and started to walk where they pointed toward. One of the giants called me an idiot as I walked by. A giantess came into my view. She eyed me wearily, studying me. I was afraid she could see through the Mist. My heart raced in my chest and could hear my heart beating in my ears. I walked past her and nothing happened. She sniffed arrogantly.

I sighed in relief and continued going. Then I felt someone rushing towards me. Glancing over my shoulder, I saw the giantess smirking as she stood right behind me with two Cyclops. My cover was somehow blown. Cursing, I swiped my sword at the closest cyclops and saw it turn to dust. Another tried to grab me. I twirled around him and stabbed my sword into his back.

Distracted, the giantess grabbed a hold of the back of my neck as if I were a kitten. I squirmed, trying to get out of her grasp. Her hold caught the chain of my necklace and snapped the metal. My eyes widened when I saw my necklace fall to the ground. I went to stab the giantess, but someone grabbed my sword and tossed it away from me.

Vines barely broke through the ground before they were pulled underground. My heart sank as I realized Gaea was growing more powerful. It was then that I realized the giantess was the one from Piper's dream from a few days ago. It was Periboia. Cheers erupted through the crowd as I realized my camouflage was gone. I kicked and scratched at the giantess as she carried me to the Parthenon. She started to show me off to the crowd.

A BOOM echoed all around us. The giants roared in triumph. I could see more monsters surging forward. My heart fell when I saw Percy struggling in another giant's, most likely Enceladus, fist. He paled when he saw me. Dozens of giants stood in a loose ring, hollering and shaking their weapons as Percy and I were being paraded as prizes.

Annabeth and Piper were no where to be seen. They still haven't been caught. Both Percy and I struggled helplessly as we were displayed to the cheering horde of monsters. Then we were turned to face a giant sitting on a makeshift throne. King Porphyrion. His white eyes gleamed with malice.

"Right on time." The king bellowed. "The blood of Olympus to raise the Earth Mother!"

Porphrion stood to his full height-almost as tall at the temple columns. His skin was a bile green color, he wore a sneer, his seaweed-colored hair braided with swords and axes taken from dead demigods. He looked over us. A shiver ran down my spine.