I Fell Into A Hole

I stood towards the back of the crowd of campers as we gathered around

I stood towards the back of the crowd of campers as we gathered around. The new swordsman trainer, Quintus, stood on a dining table to look at all the campers. I eyed the woods as he started to speak. Whatever was in the big wooden crates from earlier today must have been released already for tonight's game. It only made the game more exciting.

"I will now announce your partners," Quintus said. "There will be no trading. No switching. No complaining."

The camp was silent as everyone eagerly awaited their names to be called. Mrs. O'Leary, Quintus' hellhound pet, had found pizza on a nearby table. Her face was buried into the plate as she happily ate the pizza.

"Beckondorf and Silena. Travis and Connor. Clarisse with Lee." Quintus listed. I zoned out and started to pick at my nails. "Annabeth with Seth."

"Interesting." Pollux muttered next to me. "She's usually paired with Percy or one of her siblings."

"Wonder who's he is partnered with." I responded, seeing the confused face of Percy Jackson.

"Castor and Pollux. Percy and Ivy." Quintus continued to list more names.

I looked between my brothers in shock. Never in all of my years here have Percy and I ever been partnered together. Not even when the joke of a replacement counselor was here, were we ever partners. My father made sure of it and now that he's not here because of godly duties it happens.

Percy glanced around the crowd, scanning the mass of campers to look for me with furrowed brows. I hunched my shoulders and hid behind my taller older brothers. The twins gave me confused looks. I grabbed a hold of their shoulders and made them stand closer together to hide me. Grover loudly protested to being partnered with Tyson a few feet away.

"No complaining! Get with your partner. You have two minutes to prepare!" Quintus ordered.

"You got this." Pollux patted my shoulder as he started to walk away.

"Wait-"

"Just don't let dad know." Castor smirked and the both of them walked closer to the trees to game plan.

"Ivy?" A voice sounded from beside me.

"Shit." I jumped and turned to face Percy.

"Sorry." Percy chuckled out, ruffling his dark hair. He held out his hand. "Uh, we've never really introduced ourselves when we first met. Percy Jackson."

"I know who you are." I glanced at his hand warily, already imagining what my father is saying. I shook his hand firmly, warmness quickly enveloping my hand. I fought hard to keep the flush away from my cheeks. "Ivy Pittaluga."

"I know who you are." Percy shot back with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and withdrew my hand. "What's the game plan?"

"You distract. I collect." I stated, watching the other partners brainstorm.