I Help Hijack A Helicopter

We set up a two block perimeter, with a command tent at the Empire State Building

We set up a two block perimeter, with a command tent at the Empire State Building. Chiron informed us that the Party Ponies had sent chapters from almost every state in the Union. Roughly five hundred total answered his call, but even with that many, we couldn't defend more than a few blocks.

"Dude," a centaur named Larry said. He wore a shirt stating BIG CHIEF UBER GUY, NEW MEXICO CHAPTER. "That was more fun than our last convention in Vegas!"

"Yeah," Owen from South Dakota said. He wore a black leather jacket and an old WWII army helmet. "We totally wasted them!"

"You did well, my friends, but don't get careless." Chiron patted Owen on the back. "Kronos should never be underestimated. Now why don't you visit the diner on West 33rd and get some breakfast? I hear the Delaware chapter found a stash of root beer."

"Root beer!" They almost trampled each other as they galloped off.

"Root beer sounds great right now." I hummed out, crossing my arms.

I winced at the ache in the shoulder came back. Percy raised a brow at me about to say something, but I waved a hand in dismissal. Thalia joined us, standing beside Annabeth. Chiron smiled. Annabeth gave Chiron a big hug, and Mrs. O'Leary licked his face.

"Ack." He grumbled. "Enough of that, dog. Yes, I'm glad to see you too."

"Chiron, thanks." Percy said. Mrs. O'Leary came to sit besides me. I gave her a smile and reached over to scratch behind her ears. She leaned her head toward me and her tongue lolled out of her mouth. "Talk about saving the day."

"I'm sorry it took so long." Chiron shrugged. "Centaurs travel fast, as you know. We can bend distance as we ride. Even so, getting all the centaurs together was no easy task. The Party Ponies are not exactly organized."

"They were still able to help us." I thankfully told him.

"How'd you get through the magic defenses around the city?" Annabeth asked.

"They slowed us down a bit." Chiron admitted. "But I think they're intended mostly to keep mortals out. Kronos doesn't want puny humans getting in the way of his great victory."

"So maybe other reinforcements can get through." Percy said.

"Perhaps, though time is short." Chiron stroked his beard. "As soon as Kronos regroups, he will attack again. Without the element of surprise on our side..."

"And Typhon?" Percy asked.

"The gods are tiring. Dionysus was incapacitated yesterday." Chiron's face darkened. A frown grew on my face at the mention of my father. "Typhon smashed his chariot and the wine god went down somewhere in the Appalachians. No one has seen him since. Hephaestus is out of action as well. He was thrown from the battle so hard he created a new lake in West Virginia. He will heal, but not soon enough to help. The others still fight. They've managed to slow Typhon's approach. But the monster cannot be stopped. He will arrive in New York by this time tomorrow. Once he and Kronos combine forces-"