Camp's New Oracle

Percy and I were on our way to the elevators

Percy and I were on our way to the elevators. Annabeth and the others were further ahead of us.

"So, what exactly did you talk about with my father?" I asked Percy.

"Oh, just small things. His shortened camp sentence," Percy gave me a troublemaker smile, "you being my girlfriend, him thanking me-"

"Whoa, wait a minute." I grabbed his hand and pulled him to a stop. Percy's smile only grew at my reaction. My heart fluttered. "Girlfriend?"

"Yeah, crazy right? Didn't know that would happen." Percy shrugged. "And today of all days too."

"I never agreed." I smirked at him.

"Oh really?" Percy looked down at me, placing a hand on my waist. I gave him a nod and hummed. "We're going to have to fix that, because I've already told some people I'm dating this girl, you know?"

"Really? I've never met her." I shook my head, fighting a smile. "Didn't even know you were dating. Crazy."

"Better make sure you know then, huh?" Percy stepped closer to me.

"Haven't heard the question." I tilted my head at him with a teasing grin.

"Will you be-"

"Yes." I cut him off with a laugh.

"You didn't even let me finish." Percy chuckled.

"You took too long." I shrugged.

"Just shut up and kiss me." Percy exasperated, leaning down to meet my lips. My hand snaked around his neck and pulled him closer to me. We kissed right outside of one of the courtyards. He pulled away and smiled down at me. "Now I'm glad I turned down that gift."

"You had me worried there for a second." I admitted, looking up at him with a frown.

"I told you," Percy tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear, "I'm not leaving you."

"Good. I'm not leaving you either." I pecked his cheek.

"Okay, I'm leaving you for like five minutes." Percy looked over my shoulder. I turned around to see Hermes in the courtyard a few yards away from the one we were in. He was staring at an Iris-message in the mist of a fountain. "I'll meet you at the elevator."

"You sure?" I studied his face to see he needed to talk to the god alone. "Yeah, you're sure. I'll see you over there."

🍇

A few minutes had gone by as I waited for Percy at the elevator. He pressed the elevator button. I caught a whiff of something burning and smoke.