I Vent And Call Him A Seaweed Brain

"This way!" Rachel yelled

"Why should we follow you?" Annabeth demanded. "You led is straight into that death trap!"

"It was the way you needed to go." Rachel said. "And so is this. Come on!"

"Let's just go, okay?" I placed a hand on Annabeth's shoulder and gave her an encouraging nod.

Annabeth didn't look happy about it, but she rang along with the rest of us. Rachel seemed to know exactly where she was going. She would whip around corns and didn't hesitate at crossroads. She would warn us to duck when a huge axe swung over our heads.

We didn't stop until we made it to a room the size of a gymnasium with old marble columns holding up the roof. Percy stood at the doorway, listening for any sounds of pursuit. At some point, the hellhound had disappeared, most likely heading back to camp.

"You people are crazy." The demigod who ran with us said.

He pulled off his helmet and I recognized his face: Ethan. He was sporting an eye patch that I now remember he did not have when he was at camp.

"I remember you!" Annabeth gasped. "You were one of the undetermined kids in the Hermes cabin, years ago."

"Yeah, and you're Annabeth." Ethan looked at her. "I remember."

"Ethan, right?" I crossed my arms, biting back a hiss from pain, trying to rack my brain for any other information on him.

"Surprised you remember. Camp Princess, right?" Ethan raised a brow at me with a mocking tone.

I glared at him, silently fuming. I've always hated it when the campers called me that. Percy has made his way back to us. He stood besides me, eyeing Ethan with crossed arms.

"What-what happened to your eye?"

Ethan looked away. Seemed as if his eye patch was a sensitive topic for him.

"You must be the half-blood from my dream." Percy said. "The one Luke's people cornered. It wasn't Nico after all."

"Who's Nico?"

"None of your business." I dryly told him.

"Never mine." Annabeth quickly said. "Why were you trying to join up with the wrong side?"

"There's no right side." Ethan sneered. "The gods never cared about us. Why shouldn't I-"

"Sign up with an army that makes you fight to the death for entertainment?" Annabeth cut him off. "Gee, I wonder."

"I'm not going to argue with you." Ethan struggled to his feet. "Thanks for the help, but I'm out of here."

"We're going after Daedalus." Percy informed him, trying to convince Ethan to stick with us. "Come with us. Once we get through, you'd be welcome back at camp."