Council Awards

The Three Fates took Luke's body

The Three Fates took Luke's body. One of the Fates held up a snippet of blue yarn. They gathered Luke's body that was wrapped in a white and green shroud, and began carrying it out of the throne room.

"Wait." Hermes said. He walked over to them, the wings of his helm fluttering. George and Martha curled around his caduceus murmuring, Luke, poor Luke. Hermes unwrapped Luke's face and kissed his forehead. He murmured some words in Ancient Greek - a final blessing. "Farewell."

He nodded and allowed the Fates to carry away his son's body. Annabeth's knees buckled. Percy caught her, but she cried out in pain. He had accidentally grabbed her broken arm.

"Oh gods." Percy apologized. "Annabeth, I'm sorry."

"It's all right." She said as she passed out in his arms.

"She needs help!" Percy yelled.

"I've got this." Apollo stepped forward. His fiery armor was so bright it was hard to look at. He wore RayBans and a perfect smile that made him look like a male model. "God of medicine, at your service."

I had to look away for a moment due to the brightness hurting my eyes.  I saw my broken arm and suddenly felt nauseous. Right above my elbow, my bone was sticking out toward my chest. There was a dent on my bicep, showing how I landed. The pain suddenly came back twice as strong. I felt myself lose color on my face.

Apollo passed his hand over Annabeth's face and spoke an incantation. Immediately the bruises faded. Her cuts and scars disappeared. Her arm straightened, and she sighed in her sleep.

"She'll be fine in a few minutes." Apollo grinned. "Just enough time for me to-oh. Oh dear. You alright?"

I could feel Apollo staring at me. My focus couldn't leave my broken arm and I was suddenly feeling weak in my knees.

"Ivy?" Percy asked. He stared at me arm. "Oh gods, Ivy. Why didn't you say anything?"

"She's in shock." Apollo noted. He placed a hand on my shoulder and started to lead me to a nearby bench. "How about you sit down for this, okay?"

I slowly nodded and almost fell onto the  bench. Grover walked by and grabbed Annabeth from Percy. He said something about a comfortable chair. Percy walked over and sat next to me, a worried expression on his handsome face.

"She may faint, fair warning. Be ready to catch her." Apollo told Percy. He did the same incantation he did for Annabeth. My arm straightened out and the pain in my shoulder was gone. All the cuts I had healed. I felt my self get lightheaded and Percy was quick to catch me. I leaned against him as I the room spun. "All right, you're good to go. Now I have enough time to compose a poem about our victory:'Apollo and his friends save Olympus.' Good, eh?"

"Thanks, Apollo. I'll, um, let you hand the poetry." Percy said. Apollo grinned and walked away. Percy glanced down at me. "You okay?"

"Just waiting for the room to stop spinning." I breathed out a chuckle. Percy's lips quirked into a smile. "I'm okay though. Promise."