Vistors Crash Our Dinner

The others were surprised when Piper and I came back on Blackjack with two unconscious demigods

The others were surprised when Piper and I came back on Blackjack with two unconscious demigods. While Frank and Hazel tended to Blackjack, Annabeth and Leo helped us get the two boys to the sickbay.

"At this rate, we're going to run out of ambrosia." Coach Hedge grumbled as he tended to Jason's and Percy's wounds. "How come I never get invited on these violent trips?"

"It's not like we intend to have violence on every trip, Coach." I muttered.

Piper was beside Jason's side while I sat on the edge of Percy's bed. I gently pushed back some hair from his eyes. His head turned toward the side. I was able to see the horseshoe-shaped dent on the back of his head. I grimaced at the knot. Hopefully he didn't have a concussion. Annabeth grimaced.

"Leo, are we ready to sail?" Piper asked.

"Yeah, but-"

"Set course for Atlanta. I'll explain later."

"But...okay." Leo hurried off.

"What hit him?" Annabeth questioned.

"Blackjack." I said.

"What?" She gave me an incredulous look.

Piper and I tried to explain what happened while Coach Hedge applied some healing paste to the boys' heads. Both of them groaned and opened their eyes. Within a few minutes, Percy and Jason were sitting up in their berths and able to talk in complete sentences. Both had fuzzy memories of what happened. When Piper described their duel on the highway, Jason winced.

"Knocked out twice in two days." Jason muttered. "Some demigod." He glanced sheepishly at Percy. "Sorry, man. I didn't mean to blast you."

Percy's shirt was peppered with burn holes. His hair was even more disheveled than normal. He let out a weak laugh.

"Not the first time." Percy said. "Your big sister got me good once at camp."

"Yeah, but...I could have killed you."

"Or I could have killed you." Percy told him.

"If there'd been an ocean in Kansas, maybe." Jason shrugged.

I held back a wince knowing that rubbed Percy the wrong way. He narrowed his eyes at the blonde.

"I don't need an ocean-"

"Boys." Annabeth interrupted. "I'm sure you both would've been wonderful at killing each other."

"Right now, you two need to rest." I added.

"Food first." Percy looked at me. "Please? And we really need to talk. Bacchus said some things that don't-"

"Bacchus?" Annabeth raised her hand. "Okay, fine. We need to talk. Mess hall. Ten minutes. I'll tell the others."

"While we're at that, please, for the love of gods, Percy..." I glanced at him with a smile. "Change your clothes. I love you, but you smell like you've been run over by an electric horse...twice."