Through The Darkness

After entering the storm front, we plodded relying on the light of Percy's and my  swords and Bob, who glowed faintly

After entering the storm front, we plodded relying on the light of Percy's and my  swords and Bob, who glowed faintly. I could barely see five feet ahead of myself, even with the little light we had. Rocks loomed out of nowhere. Pits appeared at our feet and I barely avoided falling in. Monstrous roars echoed in the gloom and I couldn't tell which direction they were coming from, putting me more on edge.

The more we traveled, the more I realized the only main direction Tartarus had was down. The deeper we went, the more tired and heavy I felt. It was like the gravity was increasing. There were certain times where I would stumble over the uneven ground. I almost fell into a shallow depression if it weren't for Percy.

"Whoa!" Percy grabbed my arm and pulled me back into his chest.

I stumbled. Placing my hand on Percy's chest, I glanced at the shallow depression. Inside was blister holding something-someone way too familiar. My eyes widened when I realized who it was. Curled inside the membrane in front of us was a fully Titan dressed in golden armor. His skin was like polished pennies. He had a deep scowl on his face with his eyes closed. The heat was felt even through the blister.

"Hyperion." Percy said, shading an uneasy look with me. "I hate that guy."

"Hoped he liked the tree." I muttered, flexing my shoulder that had been injured from the Battle of Manhattan. It suddenly ached at the remembrance of the Battle. "Wonder why he's down here?"

"Maybe the tree died and he wound back here?" Percy asssumed.

I glanced at Bob who was quiet. He was studying Hyperion with a frown of concentration. I looked in between and noticed the similarities. Curses got stuck in the back of my throat. Of course they looked similar, they were both Titans. They were brothers.

"Bob, let's continue going, yeah?" I gently asked, sharing a nervous look with Percy.

"Gold, not silver." Bob muttered. "But he looks like me."

"Bob. Hey, buddy, over here." Percy said. Bob reluctantly turned to face him. "Am I your friend?"

"Yes." Bob sounded uncertain, making worry gnaw at my stomach. "We are friends."

"You know that some monsters are good." Percy told him. "And some are bad."

"Hmm." Bob said. "Like...the pretty ghost ladies who serve Persephone are good. Exploding zombies are bad."

"Right." Percy nodded. "And some mortals are good, and some are bad. Well, same thing is true for Titans."

"Titans..." Bob loomed over us, glowering.

"That's what you are." Percy calmly said as my heart beat rapidly in my chest.  "Bob the Titan. You're good. You're awesome, in fact. But some Titans are not. This guy here, Hyperion, is full-on bad. He tried to kill me...tried to kill a lot of people."