Game Plan

We walked down the stairs as they creaked to go into the room Leo and Frank were in

We walked down the stairs as they creaked to go into the room Leo and Frank were in. Leo turned to face us. He wore a guilty expression.

"Is Jason-"

"He's resting." Annabeth told him. "Piper's keeping an eye on him, but he should be fine."

"Annabeth says you did fire the ballista." Percy gave Leo a hard look.

"Man, I-I don't understand how it happened." Leo stammered, "I'm so sorry-"

"Sorry?" Percy growled.

"Hey," I placed a hand on Percy's chest, "we'll figure this out later, okay? We need to regroup and make a plan."

"Ivy's right." Annabeth crossed her arms. "What's the situation with the ship?"

Leo looked like he was scared to be around Percy at the moment. He informed us about the ship's damage and the supplies we needed. Leo was bemoaning about the shortage of Celestial bronze when Festus began to whir and squeak.

"Perfect." Leo sighed in relief.

"What's perfect?" Annabeth said. "I could use some perfect about now."

"Everything we need in one place." Leo managed a smile. "Frank, why don't you turn into a bird or something? Fly down and tell your girlfriend to meet us at the Great Salt Lake in Utah."

🍇

Annabeth, Percy, Frank and I went to meet everyone in the mess hall. Leo had controlled the ship to dock so Hazel can climb aboard. The mess hall was pretty cool. The cupboards were lined with magical cups and plates from Camp, which would fill up with whatever food or drink we wanted at command. There was also a magical ice chest with canned drinks. The chairs were cushy recliners with thousand-finger massage, built in headphones, and sword and drink holders.

"So...do we all really think Leo did this?" I brought up. They turned to look at me. "I mean, Leo would never do this. And he mentioned that he couldn't really control himself and that cold feeling-"

"No, I agree, Ives." Annabeth stated. "There is no way it was Leo."

"Then who?" Percy asked.

"It has to be someone who doesn't want the Greek and the Roman demigods to work together." Frank said. "And the only one I can think of is Gaea...or Octavian. You never know either that dude."

"It makes more sense if it was Gaea." I told them. "If our two camps don't work together, she's already won...right?"

It got quiet after that as the thought sunk in. Annabeth and Frank sat dejectedly at the table. Percy sat beside me, staring at the enchanted real time footage of Camp Half-Blood. The scenes kept changing after a little while- the beach, the forest, the strawberry fields. I wonder if he was feeling homesick.