Busted Pipes

When Percy, Leo, Hazel, and Frank came back, they had brought someone with them

When Percy, Leo, Hazel, and Frank came back, they had brought someone with them. The four of them brought Nike in a net. We ended up putting her in the stables. We had a quick meeting and then a few hours later had to send Frank and Piper to check out Pylos.

There was another hurried meeting after Frank and Piper came back from scoping the land of  Pylos. We all met on the foredeck. It was mostly because Percy was keeping an eye on a giant red sea serpent swimming off the port side.

"That thing is really red." Percy muttered. "I wonder if it's cherry flavored?"

"Don't tell me you're now interested in red food now." I teased.

"Ha ha." Percy titled his head to look at me with an unamused look causing my smile to grow.

"Why don't you swim over and find out?" Annabeth asked.

"How about no."

"Anyway," Frank stated, "according to my Pylos cousin, the chained god we're looking for in Sparta is my dad...uh, I mean Ares, not Mars. Apparently the Spartans kept a statue of him chained up in their city so the spirits of war would never leave them."

"Oo-kay." Leo said. "The Spartans were freaks. Of course, we've got Victory tied up downstairs, so I guess we can't talk."

"On to Sparta, then." Jason leaned against the forward ballista. "But how does a chained god's heartbeat help us find a cure for dying?"

"Piper has told me about seeing a vision. What exactly did you see?" Hazel turned to face Piper. The other girl seemed to be deep in thought. Piper didn't acknowledge the question "Piper?"

"Sorry, what?" Piper shook out of her daze.

"I was asking you about the visions." Hazel prompted. "You told me you'd seen some stuff in your dagger blade?"

"Uh...right." Piper unsheathed her blade. "I um...I don't see anything right now. But one vision keeps popping up. Ivy and I are exploring some ruins-"

"Ruins!" Leo rubbed his hands. "Now we're talking. How many ruins are there in Greece?"

"Quiet, Leo." Annabeth scolded. "Piper, do you think it was Sparta?"

"Maybe." Piper said. "Anyway... suddenly we're in this dark place like a cave. We're staring at this bronze warrior statue. In the vision I touch the statue's face and flames start swirling around us. That's all I saw."

"Well," I laced my fingers together, "that sounds like real fun."

"I think you may need to reevaluate what should be considered fun, Ives." Jason raised a brow at me.

"Flames." Frank scowled. "I don't like that vision."

"Me neither." Percy kept one eye on the red serpent, which was still slithering through the waves about a hundred yards to port. "If the statue engulfs people in fire, we should send Leo."