Healing

Trying to sleep in my cabin was horrible

Trying to sleep in my cabin was horrible. I couldn't sleep no matter how hard I tried. Every time I closed my eyes, Tartarus and Gaea would pop up. Periboia slashing the back of my thigh and helping to awake Gaea. Seeing the explosion in the sky with Leo gone.

It was hard to move around to find a comfortable position isn't my bad leg. My new pet leopard, Mae, was curled at my feet. Frustrated, I sat up and raked my hand down my face. I gave up on sleeping. Mae blinked tiredly at me.

I reached for my crutches and hobbled out of bed. Maybe walking around will clear my mind. Mae stretched and hopped off my bed. She walked beside me. I opened my door to see a tired Percy about to knock.

"Can't sleep either?" Percy asked, rubbing his eye tiredly.

"Not a wink." I sighed. "I was going to go for a walk. See if that helps."

"I'll join you." Percy nodded. We both started to walk the grounds with Mae at my side. All the lights in the cabins were off. There wasn't anyone awake at this time. "The nightmares just came back. I thought I was finally over them."

"Me too." I breathed out. "It's like it all came back. Any progress I gained..."

"Yeah." Percy agreed. He eyed my leg. "How's it healing?"

"Well there's no longer a spear in my thigh." I tried to crack a smile. "The pain isn't as bad. Seth said he will check it out tomorrow. Maybe pour some more nectar on it."

"Good. He doesn't think there's any permanent damage?"

"He believes there isn't. Seth said it missed my nerves by a few centimeters. So they're for sure checking that out." I informed him. "But so far, everything's fine. I don't think there's any permanent damage."

"We can actually sit back and relax." Percy said as we walked toward the armory. We could hear Mrs. O'Leary snoring from outside. "No more battles. No more fighting. I can actually concentrate on graduating high school." He shivered at the thought. "I can't believe I said that."

"You've got a lot of schooling to catch up on." I warned him as we entered the armory. "Hera made you miss a whole semester."

"Ugh, don't remind me." Percy threw his head back. Mrs. O'Leary blinked and slightly lifted her head at us. "How about we leave the school subject for another day?"

"Fine by me." I agreed. We decided to sit next to the hellhound. She curled her body around us as I placed my crutches against the wall. Mae laid her head on my lap and started to drift off to sleep. "Do you think Leo is actually alive?"

"I honestly don't know." Percy frowned. "I hope he is. That he made it on Calypso's island like he wanted. But...I don't know."

"Me either. I hope he isn't dead. Gods...Leo doesn't deserve that." I swallowed thickly. "After everything we've been through together as a crew and for him to just..."