M.I.A.

I woke up to the sunlight rising from my window

I woke up to the sunlight rising from my window. This was usually the time I would get ready for the day and go walk Mrs. O'Leary. There was a sinking feeling in my stomach and my chest was achy. I shook it off. I thought over Percy's words of sleeping in, but I would much rather go take a walk with him and Mrs. O'Leary then go get more sleep. I got out of bed and got ready, slipping his hoodie on.

The trek to the armory felt short as I thought about the grand opening. If Percy could read my thoughts right now, he would give me a lecture. I opened the door to the armory to see that Mrs. O'Leary was still asleep. My brows furrowed. Percy would have been here by now. I rolled my eyes and sighed. He probably slept in by accident like the last time.

Mrs. O'Leary blinked up at me, letting out a yawn. She stretched her limbs and slowly walked over to me. I gave her a smile and rubbed her ear affectionately. The both of us walked out of the armory. When she saw I was heading to Percy's cabin, her tail wagged.

We arrived at his door andI knocked. There was no response. Mrs. O'Leary and I exchanged a look. The sinking feeling came back. I knocked again. Still no response. The hellhound's ears flattened against her head as she nudged her nose against the door. I frowned at her strange behavior.

"Percy?" I slightly opened the door. Mrs. O'Leary let out a whine. I peeked in to see the room was still dark. I flicked on the light switch. "Percy, did you sleep in again..."

My voice got stuck in my throat. He wasn't in his cabin. His bed was still made as if he hadn't slept in it. His duffel bag laid open on the floor beside his bed. If it weren't for his duffel bag, it would have seemed as if he never arrived. A sinking feeling grew in my throat.

"Percy?" I called out, worry filling my veins. I entered the cabin and looked around for him. "Percy, this isn't funny."

Mrs. O'Leary let out a whine again, giving me a somber look. My heart began to race. Something happened. Percy isn't here. Anxiety wrapped around my lungs as I tried to control my breathing.

He's okay. He has to be okay.

"Mrs. O'Leary, if Percy is somewhere here at camp, go find him." Desperation filled my voice. Mrs. O'Leary slowly entered the cabin and sat in the doorway. My throat began to tighten. "Mrs. O'Leary go find Percy." She ran into the shadows. I bit my fingernails as I waited for her. When she came back, she had a sullen face and no Percy. My heart sank and my blood ran cold. "No, no, no. Mrs. O'Leary, please, please tell me he's somewhere here at camp."

The hellhound lowered her head in shame. My stomach twisted and I felt like throwing up. I ran out the door. The hellhound followed after me. I felt like I was having trouble breathing as I ran to the Big House. Annabeth and her siblings walked out of their cabin to head to breakfast. One of them laughed at a comment the other made.

"Hey, Ives- Ivy?" Annabeth looked at me in concern. She jogged over to me. Annabeth placed her hands on my shoulders and made me stop running. "Hey, what's wrong?"