Piper Gets Fitted For A Weapon

We decided to show Piper the cabins next

We decided to show Piper the cabins next. A group of campers were playing basketball. Majority of the shots were three-pointers that weren't in automatically. I frowned. Usually, Percy was playing basketball at this time with Seth and his brothers.

"Apollo's cabin." Annabeth explained. "Bunch of show offs either missile weapons-arrows, basketballs."

"But she loves her show off boyfriend." I teased.

"Shut up." Annabeth shoved me, rolling her eyes.

"Seth?" Piper assumed. "He's the one with Jason, right?"

"Yeah, Seth is my boyfriend. We recently started dating a few weeks back."

"About time, too."

Annabeth ignored my jab as we walked past the central fire pit. Two campers were hacking at each other with their swords.

"Real blades?" Piper noted. "Isn't that dangerous?"

"That's sort of the point. Uh, sorry. Bad pun. That's my cabin over there. Number Six." Annabeth nodded to the gray building with a carved owl over the door.

Through the open doorway, bookshelves, weapon displays, and a computerized SMART Board were seen. Two of Annabeth's sisters were drawing a map that looked like a battle diagram. They must've been strategizing battle plans.

"Speaking of blades, come here." Annabeth led Piper around the side of the cabin, to a big metal gardening shed. She unlocked it to reveal all sorts of weapons- from swords to spears to clubs. "Every demigod needs a weapon. Hephaestus makes the best, but we have a pretty good selection, too. Athena's all about strategy- matching the right weapon to the right person. Let's see..."

Annabeth glanced at the weapons, trying to see which one would best suit Piper. Annabeth reached in and handed Piper a massive sword. Piper grabbed it and could hardly lift it.

"No." The three of us said.

Annabeth rummaged a little further in the shed. She brought out a shotgun. Piper's eyebrows shot up into her hairline.

"A shotgun?" Piper asked.

"Mossberg 500." Annabeth checked the pump action. "Don't worry. It doesn't hurt humans, it's modified to shoot Celestial bronze, so it only kills monsters."

"Um, I don't think that's my style." Piper admitted.

"Mmm, yeah." Annabeth agreed. "Too flashy."

She out the shotgun back and started poking through a rack of crossbows when something in the corner of the shed caught Piper's eye.

"What's that?" She pointed at something toward the back. "A knife?"

Annabeth dug it out and blew the dust off the scabbard. It looked like it had t seen the light of day in centuries. Annabeth side eyed me, her eyes looking like Piper shouldn't want that weapon.