Dinner Table Guest

I awoke from my weird dream

I awoke from my weird dream. It was a memory, that I was aware of. I shook it off and glanced outside to see it was time for dinner. Campers were walking toward the dinning pavilion. I went to splash some water on my face before walking out of my cabin.

"I was just about to check up on you." Annabeth stood a little further away from me. She studied me. "You sleep okay?"

"Yeah, had a weird dream though." I pursed my lips. I saw Jason waiting for us near the pavilion. He had his hands in his pockets as he watched everyone sit at their assigned cabin tables. "It was like a memory. I think I've run into someone before, like Jason."

"Really?" Annabeth asked. I quickly filled her in about it. "That's interesting and this Lucy girl knew about the labyrinth. I don't remember a Lucy here at camp."

"Me either. But her purple shirt and her tattoos..." I hesitated. Seth had gone over to talk to Jason so he wasn't alone. "What if we're not the only camp for half-bloods?"

"I've been thinking the same thing." Annabeth eyed Jason. "He has the background of attending a camp. He knows about the mythology, but all in Roman...I have all these theories that I have, but I want to research more first before I can choose one. I'll let you know about it once I know for sure."

"Okay." I nodded. "Any updates on Hera being trapped in a prison?"

"Nothing yet. But it sounds like there's going to be a quest about it." Annabeth concluded.

"I agree. Jason and Piper are for sure going on it." I said. "How is Piper doing?"

"I think she's still asleep. But last time I checked on her, she was doing better. She's no longer pale."

"Hey, guys." Seth greeted with a smile. "You sleep well, Ives?"

"A little, yeah." I shrugged. I glanced at Jason to see him looking at the Big House. "You doing okay, Jason?"

"Hmm. Oh, yeah. I'm okay." He nodded. "So, Seth was saying you guys sit by your cabin. Where do I sit?"

"That's up to you, man." Seth told him. "In the past, it used to be the Hermes cabin. But now a days, demigods are typically claimed by nightfall their first day at camp."

"You can sit wherever you want, Jason." Annabeth said. "Wherever you feel most comfortable."

"Come on, I'm starved." I patted the boys backs and went to my table.

The dryads started to pass out the food and placed an empty goblet with it. I muttered the drink lowly so they couldn't hear. The goblet filled with a red drink appeared in my table. I grinned at the BBQ, bread, and fresh fruit. Annabeth and the boys were passing by when she did a double take. She stopped in her tracks and narrowed her eyes at me. Knowing where she was going, I grabbed the drink and took a sip.

"That better not be what I think it is." Annabeth pointed a stern finger at me.

"Well, it's definitely not soda." I mumbled, drinking the Kool-Aid.