Time together

Percy was coming back to camp early

Percy was coming back to camp early. Both Annabeth and Percy had three weeks off for winter break. I was waiting anxiously for him throughout the day. I had to still do the camp activities scheduled for today. It was boring without Pollux being around this semester since he graduated from camp and was off at his first semester in college. He was attending NYU and would have lunch with me on Fridays after his 11 am class. It felt weird being in a cabin all by myself.

Throughout the semester, more cabins were built for the minor gods and Hades. Since it was during the school year, there weren't as many campers that stayed which allowed for more time on working on the cabins. Luckily, they were all finished by thanksgiving break. The year rounders of each cabin helped decorate it to represent their godly parent.

Throughout the semester, I would go to Olympus and plan with Annabeth. She would spend hours walking around the eternal city and sketch in her notepad of how buildings were going to be rebuilt. There had already been great progress in the rebuilding of the city. It should be done within a month's time. Which meant, the grand opening will be held in that time frame.

I've been placing orders for decorations a few weeks back. The music playlist was approved by Apollo. Of course, after he "suggested" some songs to add. The music god added more songs to the playlist and titled it Olympus Comeback Tour. Hermes had been helping with bringing me the deliveries I've ordered from Amazon and showed me that there was a secret section for demigods and gods. I made sure to save the page. Thankfully, my dad was helping me with the budget I was given. He would give tips on the best food and drinks the gods were into. Of course, he mentioned do add Diet Coke and lime slices to the menu.

I decided to go for the classical theme. It would be an formal attire event. A charcuterie table filled with different cheeses, fruit, and meat. I was tying it more to the Mediterranean diet to celebrate our Greek heritage. Dad approved of it, saying this would get a nod of approval from Zeus.

However, about a month ago things changed. Dad was recalled to go Olympus. He wasn't able to say much, only that he needed to go back. When Annabeth and I went to go work, it was closed. The security guard who would let us up told us that Olympus was closed until further notice. Now, it's been a month and we not only been shut out of Olympus, but also haven't heard a word from the gods.

I headed to the armory to check on Mrs. O'Leary. It was getting close to the time to take her on a walk. There was a high pitched squeak coming from inside. I entered the building as saw the hellhound laying on the ground chewing on her dummy toy. She looked up at me, wagging her tail. Mrs. O'Leary bit into the dummy and another squeak escaped from it.

"Hey girl." I smiled at her. Mrs. O'Leary shot up to her feet. She bounded toward me. I braced for impact. The hellhound greeted me with a head bunt to my thigh. I stumbled back, rubbing her head. "Whoa! Ready for a walk?"

Mrs. O'Leary walked toward the door eagerly. Her tail wagged rapidly, knocking over a display of swords. I winced when they clattered to the ground. She turned around and lowered her head. Her tail dropped as she gave me big puppy dog eyes.