Throne Room Battle

They had ripped off the doors from the palace

They had ripped off the doors from the palace. We had to climb over a huge pile of broken stone and twisted metal to get inside. Kronos stood in the middle of the throne room, his arms wide, staring at the starry ceiling. His laughter echoed making my skin crawl.

"Finally!" He bellowed. "The Olympian Council- so proud and mighty. Which seat of power shall I destroy first?"

Ethan stood to one side. The heaths was almost dead, a few coals glow Ku deep in the ashes. It was when we stepped forward into the torchlight that Ethan saw us first. I sent him a glare.

"My lord." Ethan warned.

Kronos turned and smiled. My sword was clutched in my hand.

"Shall I destroy you first, Jackson?" Kronos asked. "Is that the choice you will make- to fight me and dies instead of bowing down? Prophecies never end well, you know."

"Luke would fight with a sword." Percy said. "But I suppose you don't have his skill."

Kronos sneered. His scythe began to change, until he held Luke's old weapon, Backbiter, with its half-steel, half-Celestial bronze blade. Annabeth gasped like she'd suddenly had an idea.

"Percy, the blade!" She unsheathed her knife. "The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap." Kronos raised his sword. "Wait!"

Kronos came at Percy. Percy dodged and slashed and rolled as they fought. I saw Ethan trying to go behind Percy. I intercepted him, holding my sword at his chest. Ethan narrowed his eye at me and slashed his sword to my side. I stepped back to avoid it. Grover started to play his reed pipes. The sound filled me with warmth and courage.

I took offense, slashing and hacking at Ethan. He stepped back with each attack, my speed catching him off guard. My sword managed to cut his arm. Ethan let out a hiss. Desperate, he twirled around me and kicked at my knee. I stumbled and saw his sword coming for my bad shoulder. I rolled away and his sword sliced the back of my calf.

I hissed in pain, standing to my feet. Ethan advanced toward me. He swung his sword down at me. I blocked the attack and kicked him away. Ethan stumbled backwards. He growled and advanced back at me. Annabeth stepped in and held him off. I quickly glanced at my calf to see blood streaming down my leg and onto the ground. It didn't look too deep.

"ARG!" Kronos crumpled to his knees and dropped his sword.

Annabeth saw her chance. She kicked a Ethan out of the way and charged Kronos.

"Luke, listen!"

"Annabeth, wait!" I ran after her to try and hold her back.

My injured leg was slowing my down. Kronos flicked his hand. Annabeth flew backward, slamming into the throne of her mother and crumpling to the floor.

"Annabeth!"

I didn't see him coming. Ethan slashed his sword at my arm and used the butt of his sword to whack me on the head. I let out a small cry of pain. Black spots dotted my vision as I stumbled backwards. I tried to blink them away, raising my sword to defend myself. A force pushed me several feet away until I hit my back against a hard wall and collapsed to the ground.