Midnight Adventure

Curfew snuck up on us too quickly by the time we finished our talk in the mess hall

Curfew snuck up on us too quickly by the time we finished our talk in the mess hall. Percy kissed me goodnight after he walked me to my cabin. I got ready for bed and went to sleep. Of course, having a regular and restful night was apparently asking too much for a demigod. Demigod dreams are nightmares waiting to haunt us in the night.

🍇

I was in a field of barley, softly swaying in the wind. Mountains surrounded me as I stood in the valley. Suddenly, everything stilled. The barley turned to face me. I took a hesitant step back.

Vines sprouted at my feet from my nerves. The tendrils pointed menacingly at the barley as the leaves fanned out. Baby grapes clustered and grew into large crisp grapes.

I shall have two demigods, one male and one female, whose blood shall stain the Earth and awaken me. Gaea's haunting voice echoed in the valley of the mountains.

"Go away, Gaea." I went to grab a grape from my necklace but all I felt was my bare neck. I frowned and looked down to see I wasn't wearing my necklace. "What?"

Your blood shall be one of the two that will awaken me, Ivy Pittaluga.

"Uh, no thanks."

Suddenly, something went flying at me. I let out a hiss as it cut the side of my arm. Glancing down, I saw a piece of barley sticking out of my arm. The awn of the grain had pierced my skin. I plucked it out and tossed it away. A small bead of blood escaped the cut.

"What the-"

More barley flew at me as if they were missiles. I tried to swat them away, but they only left more cuts. Vines started to grow around me, weaving together to form a protective barrier. Blood started to slowly drip from the multiple cuts. The cuts started to sting.

You will be the first to awaken me.

"No way in Hades, Dirt Face!" I yelled. Then it got quiet and I heard a splatter. Looking down, I saw a blood drop on the grass. The blood splattered on a few blades of grass. It slowly dripped onto the soil and the ground soaked it up. My blood ran cold and I felt like I couldn't breathe. The earth shook. Gaea's laughter ringed in my ears. "No..."

🍇

I startled myself awake. My chest heaved as Gaea's laugh haunted me even now. Sweat dotted my forehead. It felt like I still had the stinging cuts on my body. I threw my covers off and turned on the light.

I inspected my arms, pushing my sleeves of my hoodie up. There was no harm. Not even a scratch.  I swallowed and stood up. My legs shook slightly as I found myself wandering to my bathroom.

I splashed my face with water. My hands gripped the sides of the sink as I tried to control my breathing. My purple eyes looked lighter compared to the dark purple bags I had under my eyes in the mirror. My face was pale and my freckles stood out more.