New Family Dynamic : Part 2

Meanwhile, Tsireya has led Kiri to their little getaway spot; The floating rocks above the cove of ancestors. There, they relax and enjoy the view, but Tsireya hasn't forgotten her job.

She's been teaching both Kiri and her sister breathing techniques and let them meet Ilu, but today the girl just seems to need a break.

So here they are, enjoying the view and silence, and taking it easy. But another deep sigh from Kiri makes Tsireya feel the need to break the comfortable silence.

Tsireya- I know this'll sound like a dumb question, but what's going on with you guys? I mean, other than the whole tragedy thing.

Kiri- It's . . . Just (sighs) With mom gone, and dad acting like he's gone, there's no order. No balance, no support, no authority . . . no comfort.

Kiri blinks a few times, holding back the water in her eyes.

Tsireya- Come on, doe, don't cry on me. Again.

She laughs softly, thinking of the other times she's started crying when thinking about their situation.

Kiri- Sorry, it's just, I don't talk about anything at home. I'm always screaming and arguing with someone.

Tsireya- I noticed.

Kiri- (chuckles) I love my family, don't get me wrong, but it's like I don't even know how to show it anymore. And they don't either.

Tsireya- I'm guessing your mom was always there to help with the more sensitive issues.

Kiri- Yeah.

Tsireya- Then, why don't you do what she did?

Kiri- What?

Tsireya- You already know it's what you guys need.

Kiri- But, my brothers act like such children, they're hard to deal with.

Tsireya- If they act like children, treat them like so until they man up.

Kiri- (laughs)

Tsireya- I'm serious, doe, come on.

She stops laughing then just looks Tsireya in the eyes for a moment, wondering something.

Tsireya- What?

Kiri- Why do you call me that? Doe.

Tsireya- 'Cause of those big doe eyes you have.

The two laugh together for another moment, before Kiri makes a serious decision.

Kiri- You know what? I'm gonna do it. Well, try to do it.

Tsireya- Attagirl. You got this.

Kiri- Maybe it'll be a bit easier if Rotxo whips Lo'ak into shape.

Tsireya- That boy is more likely to whip him out of shape.

Kiri- (laughs)

Tsireya- Rotxo is a certified asshole, don't forget that.

Kiri- Honestly, I think I like that about him.

Tsireya- Ugh, are you for real?

Kiri- Yeah! I mean, not giving a shit about what anybody thinks of him and just doing what he wants, that's a genuine personality right there.

Tsireya suddenly sighs dramatically, and looks into space with wide eyes.

Tsireya- There was once a time when I thought I actually had a crush on Rotxo too.

Kiri- Seriously?!

Kiri beams at her, then Tsireya faces her with a plain look.

Tsireya- Then I realized it was just gas.

Kiri- Oh my-

She bursts into laughter, and playfully pushes Tsireya's shoulder as a small snort comes out.

Kiri- I just can't with you.

Tsireya chuckles as her laughter dies down, and leans back in her hands.

Tsireya- If you really do think you like him, though, I may be able to help.

Kiri- Really?

Tsireya- On one condition.

Kiri- Please, nothing ridiculous, like diving from this height.

Tsireya- Ha! No way. I was just gonna tell you to focus on your family first.

Kiri- Oh.

Tsireya- So, fix your fam, then we'll talk.

Kiri- Deal.

The two go back to relaxing in silence, enjoying the peaceful surroundings.

From Tsireya's perspective, she got lucky. Because of Kiri's natural maturity, she's easier dealt with than the others. Her qualities also make her perfect for whipping her siblings back into shape, but succeeding all depends on her resolve.