An Array of Feelings : Part 13

As he continues to run freely through the trees, he lets out many sounds of enjoyment. Yips, long calls, hoots. His obvious enjoyment is both shocking and pleasant to Aonung.

He really isn't sure what's gotten into him, but he continues to follow, thinking whatever the reason is, he's just glad to see him having fun.

Soon, they approach a beach he's never seen. Neteyam jumps out of the tall trees with a call, and suddenly he's on the back of an Ikran. Aonung runs up to the shore where Neteyam hovers, slowly moving further away while watching him.

He looks down at the water, and Aonung follows his gaze to a few Ilu. He isn't sure why Neteyam wants him to follow so badly, and wonders if he should be weary. But that thought fades completely as he impulsively runs into the water for an Ilu.

Neteyam begins to fly off, and he can't lose sight of him. He doesn't know why, he just can't, he has to follow.

He makes the bond and the Ilu zooms, leaping from the water every so often, keeping pace with the Ikran.

A wave comes and Aonung goes straight through it, hollering as he comes out the other side of it, filled with adrenaline. His noise catches Neteyam's attention.

The marine boy really enjoys the sea, as he does the forest.

As Aonung dives under once again, Neteyam turns his Ikran to the side and extends one of his arms, dipping his hand into the water and letting it drag and splash as he zooms through the sky.

Aonung notices his hand from underwater and smiles. Suddenly the boy's face is underwater as well, as his body twists to face Aonung, his flapping braids obstructing his view.

This seems to amuse him, as bubbles are released from his mouth in a chuckle just before he exits the water.

The Ilu leaps from the water again, letting Aonung see a small rocky beach island come into view.

He looks up at Neteyam, who glances back at him before going even faster. He's racing him. Aonung accepts the challenge and tests just how fast this Ilu can go.

Unfortunately it doesn't go much faster than it was already, but when he reaches the shore of the island after Neteyam, he still feels victorious.