Dangerous Attraction : Part 5

He lies on one side of the bed, resting on his back. Neteyam sits up next to him, his arms resting on his propped up legs. He knows he's exhausted, but can't seem to just fall asleep instantly. So instead, he finds himself observing Neteyam's slim hands as he fiddles around with his knife.

A scar he hadn't noticed before suddenly catches his attention. He opens his mouth to ask where the Omatikaya got it, but stops himself as he notices the same type of scar on the other arm. A ring around both of his wrists.

Attempting to ignore it and not pry, he looks elsewhere. Specifically at the thin tail that lies curling around his own legs. But there it is again. A ringed scar around his ankle, and one on the other leg to match.

Subconsciously, he reaches for it. Grazing it lightly with his index finger, not noticing Neteyam's shock filled eyes looking down at him. The contact itself alarms him more than where it lies.

Aonung- How did you get these?

He speaks in a bit of a daze. Neteyam sits his dagger aside, wondering if Aonung even knows he asked the question out loud. Nevertheless, he answers.

Neteyam- Let's just say, the sky people.

Aonung meets his gaze, his hand lingering on him. He can tell he wants more details.

Neteyam- Well . . .

He watches as Aonung's eyelids begin to flutter closed while trying to hold his gaze. It brings a small smirk to his face.

Neteyam- Another time, sleepyhead.

Aonung's eyes close completely and his lips part slightly, letting Neteyam know he's finally asleep. He looks down at the large hand lying against his foot. Slowly, he touches the fin, sliding his hand along it and up to his palm. His three fingertips linger in the marine palm, then he starts to slide his hand down. But the moment their palms touch, he snatches it back with a gasp.

A memory flashed briefly in his eyes. He blinks for a moment, then gently takes Aonung's wrist and lays the arm on the boy's stomach. He then scoots over a bit, to avoid contact as he lies down.

He's awake for a while, listening to the raging storm to try and tune out his memories, but eventually falls asleep.