Brotherhood : Part 7

With a smile on her face, Kalín heads to the exit, needing to get her own things done. She stops and turns back to look at Tuktirey.

Kalín- Are you coming with me today?

Tuktirey- Hmm. I think I'll hang out with Kiri today.

Kalín- Alright, have fun.

Tuktirey waves as the woman leaves, then sees Aonung approaching. When Lo'ak and Neteyam notice him, they set their bowls aside and walk up to him.

Lo'ak- How's Rotxo?

Aonung- Still unconscious, but mother says that's a good thing. Rest will help him heal faster.

Tuktirey- When do you think he'll wake?

Aonung- It's hard to tell. But don't worry, he's tough, he'll be alright.

Tuktirey- I hope so.

Kiri rubs Tuktirey's back for comfort and Aonung turns to the two Sully boys again.

Aonung- Shall we?

Lo'ak nods, and Neteyam walks out of the den before them, leading them out towards the beach. Aonung expected Lo'ak to comment, but he just follows without a word.

When they reach the shore, Neteyam holds his arms up, stretching to prepare for the long training session. Lo'ak walks up next to him, waiting.

Neteyam- Don't just stand there. You should be stretching too, it takes you a while to loosen up in the water.

Aonung recognizes this as constructive criticism, but still feels a bit anxious waiting for Lo'ak's response. To his surprise, the boy just begins to stretch, copying his brother. He isn't sure what brought upon this change in him, but he won't complain.

He stands on the other side of Neteyam and also begins to stretch, though he doesn't really need it. As he holds his arms out, turning and twisting himself, his muscles flex. Both Sully boys subconsciously stop midstretch, and begin to stare.

Once again, Neteyam is reminded of Aonung's large physique. Lo'ak, on the other hand, never forgets. He's smaller than both Aonung and his brother. Just slightly smaller than Neteyam though.

When the marine boy notices them watching him, Lo'ak quickly averts his gaze and resumes his stretch, but Neteyam still eyes him confidently. He smirks and walks around Aonung, observing his features closely. It reminds Aonung of a specific night in the forest.

Neteyam- You really are such a damn waste.

Aonung rolls his eyes playfully.

Aonung- You wouldn't know what to do with all this.

Neteyam- I bet I would.

Aonung- You couldn't handle it.

Lo'ak smiles, ending his stretching session and walking over to them. Out of all their training sessions, this one feels the most comfortable.

Neteyam- No, Lo'ak couldn't handle it.

Lo'ak- Yes I could.

He attempts to make himself look bigger, and Neteyam just laughs at him.

Lo'ak- Don't laugh, bro. Aonung, tell him, I could handle it.

Neteyam looks at Aonung with a smug face, just waiting for him to lie. He briefly looks up at the sky before giving Lo'ak an apologetic look.

Aonung- I have to agree with Neteyam on this one.

Neteyam- See?

He crosses his arms, feeling betrayed by the marine boy.

Lo'ak- Fuck you both.

Neteyam- Don't blame us for your tiny figure.

Lo'ak- I'm not tiny!

Neteyam only laughs at his brother getting so worked up.

Lo'ak- I'm a whole strong-ass man!

He's suddenly swooped off his feet and into Aonung's arms, that proceed to hold Lo'ak in the air above his head.

Aonung- You're so light.

Lo'ak- Damn it, Aonung! You aren't helping!

Neteyam- Yeah, last I checked, "whole strong-ass men" aren't that easy to lift.

Lo'ak- Fuck. You.

Both Neteyam and Aonung laugh, and he sets the boy down. Lo'ak stands with his arms crossed, pouting. Which is amusing to Aonung, since the boy always tried to hide his emotions in front of others before. Now he has become more open with them, revealing his frequent pouting face.