Dangerous Attraction : Part 3

He stands near the edge, feeling a brute gust of wind against him that seems to excite him even more. With a deep and calm breath, he pulls his bun out, letting his curls be lifted by the wind.

When he sits himself down, legs dangling off the edge, Neteyam inches closer, but keeps his distance, not wanting to be blown off the cliff. Everything about the storm heightens Neteyam's senses, making him feel unsafe. But Aonung's entire being seems to be intoxicated by everything the storm throws at him.

The Metkayina closes his eyes, feeling the fast air brushing quickly against him. When lightning strikes with a loud crack and boom, Neteyam kneels to the ground, startled, but Aonung merely opens his eyes to gaze upon the storm calmly.

Aonung- Beautiful, isn't it?

Neteyam- Fuck no! Let's get outta here!

Aonung- You know, I've always wanted to ride in one.

Neteyam- Come again?

Aonung- A storm. I want to ride in one, but no one will let me. Especially Rotxo, he's overprotective.

Neteyam almost can't believe his ears. Aonung wants to ride in a crazy, unpredictable and dangerous force of nature that no one can control. That's insane.

Neteyam- Not wanting you to ride in this shit isn't overprotective, it's common sense.

Aonung- You aren't overprotective, though. Wanna ride?

Neteyam- What? Are you insane?!

Aonung- Look who's talking.

Neteyam- Aonung . . .

He doesn't like the light and joking tone Aonung is taking with him. They should be running for shelter right now, but for some reason the marine boy doesn't seem to be in his right mind.

Neteyam- We're leaving. Follow me.

Aonung- Why?

Neteyam- Because we need to.

Aonung- But-

Neteyam- You are not riding in this storm!

Aonung's face drops, clearly displeased.

Aonung- You sound just like everyone else.

Neteyam- Everyone else that's keeping you from your death? Thanks.

Aonung- No.

He stands, remaining dangerously on the edge.

Neteyam- Aon-

Aonung- I want to be with the storm.

Neteyam- You sound crazy, you know that?

Aonung- I don't care how I sound!

Neteyam merely rolls his eyes at his reaction, hardly believing how stubborn he's being.

Neteyam- I swear-We don't have time for this shit!

Aonung- I want to be one with the storm!

Neteyam- For the last time! No!

With a groan, Aonung turns and storms up to Neteyam.

Aonung- You are just like everyone else, telling me what to do!

Neteyam- Listen to yourself right now! I'm trying to keep you from dying! Why the fuck are you mad?!

Rather than glare in anger at Aonung, Neteyam's face is full of concern. After a moment, Aonung suddenly realizes what's in front of him.

Trees blowing, leaves whirling, rain pouring, and Neteyam attempting to shield his eyes from the blinding shower and stop his unreasonable friend from doing something he shouldn't. He freezes, beginning to wonder what's wrong with himself.

Then it hits him.

Neteyam- Aonung? Hey, you there?! Aon-

Aonung- Where's your place?

Realizing he must've finally come to his senses, Neteyam quickly gestures for Aonung to follow him as he forces himself against the winds to go into the forest and find his way home.