Dangerous Attraction : Part 2

When eclipse darkens the already dim skies, Aonung is quick to hop into his hammock, feigning sleep. He does drift off for a moment while waiting for his family to turn in, but the moment complete silence surrounds him, his pale eyes open with excitement.

Quietly, he slides out of his hammock and sneaks out of the den. Making his way out of the village, thunder speaks to him from afar. A storm is making its way towards them, and judging by the quickening winds, it's moving quickly.

He travels through the scarce part of the forest, as he's done every night, to find himself in their meeting spot, near the dark path. The towering tree limbs bend and blow in the strong winds, and leaves whirl around crazily as he waits for Neteyam to show.

The rough breeze would have anyone else taking cover, but it feels good to the marine boy. So good he almost wants to let his hair out to blow in it. It would be a satisfying feeling of relief.

Neteyam- I had a mind to think you wouldn't actually show up tonight, dolphin.

He looks up to see Neteyam making his way down a tree. Refraining from jumping long distances so he isn't blown somewhere.

Aonung- What makes you say that?

He reaches the ground and stands in front of Aonung, then gestures to the dancing leaves and trees.

Aonung- I don't hide from storms.

Neteyam- I can see that.

With a pleasant smile, Aonung begins to stroll, nowhere particular.

Aonung- So, what are we doing?

Neteyam walks next to him, not as confident about an adventure as he typically would be.

Neteyam- Maybe we stick to land this time. That storm's coming in fast.

Aonung snaps his gaze at him, a hint of shock in his face, but mostly amusement.

Aonung- Is that worry I sense?

Neteyam- Don't fucking tease me. I like to have fun, but only when I know we'll be fine.

Aonung- We will.

Neteyam- But-

Thunder rumbles again, immediately taking Aonung's attention from Neteyam. His ears perk up and he looks up at the sky, raindrops greeting his cheeks.

As the sky rumbles again, Aonung smiles, but Neteyam's ears lay.

Aonung- Let's go see it.

Neteyam- See what?

Aonung- The storm. Know a cliff?

Neteyam- Yeah, but-

Aonung- Show me.

His eyes beam with excitement that Neteyam can't ignore.

Neteyam- Fine, but then we take shelter. I'll show you my place.

Aonung- Sounds like a plan.

Quickly, Neteyam leads Aonung to a cliff at the edge of the dense forest. A small clearing with a few rocks opens a scenery with a perfect view of the looming storm clouds stalking the skies above them and the sea.

As they approach the edge, the winds blow Neteyam's braids harshly, and the rains begin falling harder. But when he looks at Aonung, it's like the marine boy is in a different place.