The Al'Háven Way : Part 5

In another spot, just off the water, Lo'ak has made his way over to Aonung's new clique, and has been given a spot right next to him on a shorter rock. He only saw girls before entering the small crowd, but now knows there are guys too. Most of them are having fun in the water with a few other girls, while a few remain in the grass sitting with them.

One smaller boy in particular has a very distinct look. His hair grows straight, unlike any other Metkayina Lo'ak has seen. The boy's name is Miso, and he has a very sweet face, but is no pushover. When a few other boys came up and scared him from behind, he threw his knife at them, nearly hitting one in a fatal spot.

Another person that stands out to him is a girl, sitting on the other side of Aonung. Afina, the same one that rolled her eyes when he was flirting with someone else. Now that he's up close, watching how she interacts with him, he's sure she's someone the boy's been with.

The only other person in this large group that he's able to distinguish is a boy named Conda. He rises out of the water, sliding his wet curls from his face, and walking confidently because he knows his buff figure is attractive to most.

As he walks up to them, some of the others greet him in a flirty manner, while Lo'ak merely rolls his eyes at the cocky boy.

Though, the act seems to gain his attention, making him smirk as he strolls up to Lo'ak. He leans down a bit, trying to meet his gaze, but he doesn't grant it to him.

Conda- Now, now, cutie, don't be so cold.

Lo'ak- Back your cocky ass up.

Aonung and the others laugh at his response, and Conda himself chuckles a bit, then he stands straight and crosses his arms.

Conda- How about a swim, huh?

Lo'ak- Are you deaf?

Conda- Oh come on. As if you have anything better to do.

Lo'ak hums in response, thinking of the many other better things he has to do, then a thought comes to mind. With a smirk, he faces Aonung and leans an arm on his shoulder, surprising the marine boy.

Lo'ak- Isn't there something else we could be doing?

Aonung wasn't expecting Lo'ak to actually want to come back to him like he said, but he's glad he was wrong. He stands and grabs Lo'ak's hand, pulling him up.

Aonung- We'll catch you guys later.

As they walk off, Afina's mouth hangs open, and each of the others stare at her and stifle their laughs. They know she feels as if she's Aonung's special one, especially since her father, Víat, is his family's guard, but they know that isn't the case.

Conda shakes his head at the two boys escaping to the heir's rumored favorite spot, then looks back at the group.

Conda- Which of you ugly bitches wants to swim with me?

His friends ignore the meaningless insult and stand from their spots getting ready to swim, but Afina just rolls her eyes, feeling very irritated at the moment.

Conda- Come on, girl, wash that rejection off.

Afina- Fuck you.

Conda- Not my fault your man was stolen. Lo'ak is hella cuter than you.

Afina- I am not about to lose to some tree branch.

She suddenly grows determined.

Conda- I think you already have.

Determination terminated.

Afina- Will you shut the hell up?

Conda- I'm just saying.

Afina- Well nobody asked you, okay, get the fuck away from me.

Conda- Alright, alright. You can watch my fine ass dive back into the water.

Afina- Ugh.

He flips his curls and she rolls her eyes, but ends up watching him anyway, unable to deny to herself that he's nice to look at.