New Family Dynamic : Part 5

Neteyam swings at Lo'ak, but the blow is blocked by the knife he was quick to pull out.

The two brothers go at each other with full force, ignoring Aonung's pleas for them to stop.

With quick breaths because of his own heart beginning to race, he watches the violent scene continue, unsure of whether he should intervene. He doesn't know much about their relationship, or how they resolve their problems.

This could either be good for them, or bad, but there's no way for him to tell.

That is, until Neteyam knocks Lo'ak's knife out of his hand, and pins him to the ground, holding his own blade back preparing for a blow.

Just as Lo'ak blocks his face with his arms, anticipating the attack, Neteyam is suddenly yanked off of him. He quickly leans up and sees Aonung lock Neteyam's arms behind his back, and grips his wrists till he drops the knife.

He makes the Omatikaya boy kneel down on his knees as he restrains him. Lo'ak continues to just watch in pure shock as Aonung lectures his brother.

Aonung- What the hell is wrong with you?!

Neteyam- Get off of me!

Their entire weeks stay, Lo'ak has never seen Aonung break that charming demeanor of his. He's never shouted or cursed at anyone, let alone used brute force on someone. And after such a heartracing fight, it's a lot to take in.

Aonung- That's your brother, don't you know what that means!

Neteyam struggles hard against Aonung's grip, but can't break away.

Aonung- You aren't going anywhere, you hear me?!

Neteyam- Get off!

Aonung- Brothers protect each other!

Neteyam suddenly freezes, and Aonung mistakenly assumes it's because he's listening.

Neteyam- Clink . . .

Aonung- They have each other's backs, like any siblings do!

Neteyam- Clink . . .

The boy's breath quickens as he stares into space, continuing to mutter the same word.

Aonung- Do you understand what I'm saying?!

Neteyam- Clink . . . Clink . . .

He speaks louder.

Aonung- What?

Neteyam- Fucking clink . . .

Aonung immediately grows worried after noticing Neteyam's state, but it's too late.

Aonung- Nete-

Neteyam- Get your damn chains off me!

In his surprise, his grip loosens, and Neteyam breaks free, going feral, and aiming straight for his neck.

Lo'ak- Aonung!

Neteyam pins him to the ground and attempts to destroy Aonung's throat with his canines, but he's quick to move. His teeth only sink into the side of his neck. It isn't fatal, but isn't without its own severe pain, especially when Neteyam attempts to rip the flesh off by tugging.

Aonung lets out an agonizing scream while attempting to pry the boy's jaws from his neck. Fortunately, a slice on his face from Lo'ak's dagger is enough to make Neteyam release him.

Lo'ak stands defensively in front of Aonung, and Neteyam backs up to calm himself down. But once he's back to his senses, he grabs his knife and leaves, disappearing into the forest.

With a sigh of relief, Lo'ak puts his knife up and turns to Aonung. Blood flows down his neck and chest. He attempts to put pressure on the wound, but flinches at the touch, the spot being such a tender place to begin with he definitely can't touch it now.

Lo'ak quickly kneels next to him, observing all the escaping blood.

Lo'ak- You have to put pressure on it or you'll pass out before we reach the village.

Aonung holds his shaky hand up to his neck, but flinches from the touch once again. With a wince, he shakes his head slightly, speaking through short whimpers of pain.

Aonung- I . . . I can't . . .

Lo'ak- You have to-

Aonung- Let's just go . . . I can make it . . .

Rather than waste more time on the matter, he helps Aonung to his feet, slinging his arm over his shoulders and heading back the way they came.