Mutual Attraction : Part 2

Once they make it down to an empty part of the beach, Kiri watches as Rotxo goes straight into the water without saying a word to her. It isn't surprising, though. She knows he's not gonna put any effort towards being closer to her unless she gives him a reason to. Observations these past few weeks have shown her that.

A more effective method might be to use her actions to gain his attention, since words don't seem to do the trick. With that in mind, she trails behind his footsteps, then gently dives into the water to look for him.

The moment her vision clears underwater, she's immediately distracted by the many creatures among the beautiful scenery. Rotxo isn't in sight, but she decides to enjoy her surroundings as she looks for him. She slowly, yet elegantly, makes her way through the water. Occasionally, creatures swim with her, indicating her connection to nature.

Interrupting her leisurely sightseeing, she spots the marine boy past a few large rocks. She quickens her pace, going up to one of the rocks, but not yet revealing herself to him.

He's in the open water, spinning, swirling, and flipping. It's obvious how much he's enjoying himself, which Kiri finds pleasing. When she comes out into the open, he notices and goes still. She didn't want to interrupt his fun, so she joins in.

Placing her feet on the side of the rock, she propels herself towards him, turning her arms making her body spiral as she saw him do. She sees his eyes widen a bit, before doing a trick of his own, and waiting to see what she does.

She gracefully backflips, which seems to please him. He turns, then motions for her to follow him. As he swims back towards the rocks, she follows, and he leads her through an array of corals. Archways, loops, and tunnels. An underwater obstacle course.

As he quickens his speed, he looks back to see if she's keeping up, which she does quite well. She smiles at him, and he turns back around, racing her through one last tunnel. They exit next to each other, and she decides to spiral around him as they make their way up to the surface.

Kiri takes a large breath of air, as does Rotxo, both of them just now realizing how long they were underwater. When she sees him laugh, having had fun, it makes her heart flutter, a similar feeling to when she makes Tsireya laugh. She was worried she'd be nothing but a bother to him, but it seems like she was wrong.

Rotxo- Who taught you to swim like that?

Kiri- Tsireya, but she's all about speed rather than technique. I should've had you as a teacher.

She taps his chest playfully with a smile. He chuckles, but then gives it some real thought.

Rotxo- You a quick learner?

Kiri- (nods)

Rotxo- I'll teach you a trick, then, before we go back to the others.

Her face lights up with a gasp. He takes a breath and dives, and she follows immediately after.