Brotherhood : Part 6

Lo'ak leans up from the wall, rubbing Neteyam's arm a bit in an attempt to wake him.

Lo'ak- Neteyam, hey. Come on, it's time to eat.

Their father watches with a small smile, proud of the gentle approach Lo'ak is taking.

Neteyam's eyes open slowly as he wakes, and he leans up from Lo'ak's shoulder. He wipes the sleep from his eyes as his head hangs tiredly. When he looks up, Lo'ak is still watching him, his hand lingering on the boy's shoulder. He blinks a few times, sleep still lingering on his face.

Lo'ak- Breakfast.

He tilts his head towards Kalín holding a bowl in each hand. Neteyam nods and stands from his spot, ignoring the hand that slides off of him. Lo'ak stands as well, grabbing his bowl and sitting across from Jake. Neteyam grabs his from Kalín, and nods as a thanks, then sits next to Lo'ak.

He doesn't say anything, simply eating in silence. Lo'ak lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding, making Jake chuckle at him.

Jake- So . . .

His tone holds a hint of mischief, and he directs his gaze at Kiri.

Jake- You spent the night with your girlfriend, huh.

Kiri freezes, and Lo'ak smirks at her. She shoots a quick glare at him, knowing he's the one who told of her new lover.

Kiri- Y-Yeah.

Jake- After acting the way you do because you think I'm trying to replace your mother, you go and get your own girlfriend. That hardly seems fair.

Lo'ak begins to laugh at the teasing, and Kiri groans. She knew this was coming, which is why she was going to keep it to herself.

Kiri- Dad, can we please not do this?

Jake- Not talk about your girlfriend? I don't think so. Who is she?

Tuktirey- Tsireya.

Kiri- Tuk! You traitor.

Tuktirey- (laughs)

Jake- Ah, the chief's daughter. I heard she's pretty fearless, and that came from Tonowari himself. Nice choice.

With another groan, she hides her face in her hands, making Jake laugh and glance at Kalín. She chuckles on the side as she eats her own food. 

Jake- That's one down. Now who's next?

He looks right in front of him at Lo'ak, who nearly chokes.

Lo'ak- Fuck. Dad, please don't-

Jake- Anyone caught your eye yet?

Kiri suddenly perks up in interest, with a smirk on her face.

Kiri- Yeah Lo'ak, anyone you're interested in?

Lo'ak- No, now leave me be.

Kiri- Are you sure? You and Aonung seem pretty tight.

She says so jokingly, with no clue how Lo'ak's heart drops at the mention of the heir's name. Luckily, he plays it off.

Lo'ak- I'd sooner date Rotxo.

Kiri- (laughs)

Jake- Damn, will I have any grandkids?

This makes everyone laugh, even bringing out a small chuckle from Neteyam. Then, the oldest boy gives Jake a little evil grin before casually speaking.

Neteyam- So what about you, dad?

Lo'ak laughs as their father flinches. Jake sets his empty bowl aside.

Jake- Nope, I'm done. I'm not letting you turn this on me.

Lo'ak- Oh come on.

Jake chuckles slightly as he stands from his spot, shaking his head at his sons.

Neteyam- Don't start getting shy now.

Lo'ak- Yeah, Dad, your lady friend over there is quite the looker.

Both boys laugh as they notice how Jake suddenly can't look Kalín's way. Kiri simply shakes her head, trying not to admit to herself how amusing this is.

Jake- Alright, alright, that's enough.

Kalín holds up a spoon of food from the pot and looks at him.

Kalín- Want some more?

Jake- Uh, no. No, I'm good, thanks.

His sons fall out in laughter at his obvious nervousness. Jake childishly rolls his eyes, not liking when he's the one that gets teased.

Neteyam- Aww, he can't even look at her.

Lo'ak- Good job, Dad, ladies love it when tough guys act cute.

Having heard enough, he grabs some gear and leaves the den with a wave, and goes to meet up with Tonowari. Both Lo'ak and Neteyam still giggle a bit, glancing at each other and enjoying their company for once.