Brotherhood : Part 1

In the Sully den, under the dark yet bright skies of eclipse, the boys have tired themselves out from fighting. They've realized their father and Tuktirey ditched them for the night, tired of their feuding. Kiri also hadn't returned home, so they assumed she wouldn't be coming back tonight at all.

In silence, they each went to their hammock and climbed in, getting comfortable and preparing for some well needed rest. Their day was full of training, and their fight worked up a good sweat, so they fell asleep rather quickly.

A bit over an hour later, Neteyam suddenly jolts awake with a scream, falling out of his hammock. With his back on the floor, he tries to calm himself, realizing that it was just a dream. After a few moments, he takes a deep breath and runs his hands along his face before leaning up.

His eyes lock with Lo'ak's, who woke up the moment he screamed.

Neteyam- The fuck are you staring for?

Lo'ak- You screamed.

Neteyam- Okay? Am I screaming now?

Lo'ak rolls his eyes and lies back down.

Lo'ak- That's the last time I show any damn concern for you.

Neteyam- Why bother trying to care now anyway?

Lo'ak tries to ignore him, but he keeps talking.

Neteyam- You guys never notice the shit people around you go through.

Lo'ak- We've all been through our fair share of tough shit.

Neteyam- So you know Father is being tormented by nightmares every night while you sleep soundly?

Lo'ak- . . . I didn't. He hides it too well.

Neteyam scoffs and climbs back into his hammock.

Neteyam- Yeah, plus you assume everyone is fine.

Lo'ak- No I don't.

Neteyam- Keep telling yourself that.

Lo'ak- I know you struggle.

Neteyam- Don't try to give me some halfassed pity. Leave me the fuck alone and go back to sleep.

He rolls onto his side, closing his eyes and ending their conversation. Lo'ak rolls his eyes yet again, and goes back to sleep, angry over dealing with his brother.