The Quake : Part 7

As they head into the village, utter chaos surrounds them. Every way out is blocked off by many invaders attacking those weaker than them, rather than targeting the warriors that stand a chance.

But as the surrounding chaos overwhelms them, everything suddenly begins to shake. The dens tremble, as do the pathways. The ground rumbles, and the very island itself begins to crack. The boys and everyone else begin to look around in fear, wondering what's happening.

Large amounts of water start to shoot up out the ground in different areas like geysers. It almost looks erratic, but from the sky, on an Ikran, Jake notices one specific thing. The only Na'vi caught in the waters are their enemies.

When more appear, a path is suddenly revealed to him. His eyes widen, because he knows the planet itself is helping them. And he isn't the only one to realize it. Many villagers see the paths created, to lead them to safety.

Not into the trees, but into the ocean.

Jake quickly spreads the word to his men on the backs of Ikran, and they go to guide others on the ground. While some help villagers, others target their enemies, helping to make sure they don't follow them.

Aonung and Neteyam follow the paths out of the village and to the beach. There, crowds of Na'vi are heading into the water and onto the backs of Ilu, carrying what they can. Aonung can't see his family, and Neteyam can't see his, but they can't go looking for them.

They can only hope everyone makes it off their crumbling island. And as the large mountain begins to come apart, sending its pieces straight down to their village, they know their time is up.

Aonung rides an Ilu with Rotxo sitting behind him, and Neteyam on his own next to them. With Tonowari at the front, everyone rides out of the reef, leaving a few warriors that sacrificed themselves to keep their enemies within the village to be crushed under the rubble of the mountain, and sunk with the crumbling island.

As the shaking ceases, the people of Awa'atlu watch their homes be destroyed from a distance in the aftermath. Many sobs are heard, and worried chatter, wondering what'll become of them. There are many of them. Too many for the small islands nearby, and too many to remain in the unsafe ocean without attracting attention.

Neteyam stares at the dead island, remembering the events that led him and his family there. The sky people destroyed their home, and they fled. But the creations left behind by those devils came back and destroyed their new one.

He almost wishes there were a few sky people left, just enough for him to torture to death as punishment for being the devilish species that they are, and causing the Na'vi so much distruction and misery.

Lo'ak- Neteyam!

He snaps out of his thoughts, turning to see his brother ride up to him with Kiri and Tuktirey close behind.

Lo'ak- You're okay!

Neteyam- Naturally.

Lo'ak- I was worried, bro. You just took off.

Neteyam- Had to go back for some dead weight.

Rotxo- Fuck you, I didn't ask for your help. And anyway, Aonung is the savior here.

Kiri- I'm pretty sure Eywa is the real savior.

Rotxo- Yeah, 'cause Eywa shot eight guys down.

Kiri rolls her eyes at his sarcasm.

Lo'ak- And here I thought he was so docile. That sounds like a story to tell.

They each look to Aonung, but their light mood turns heavy when they see the tears stream down his face as he watches his home die.