An Array of Feelings : Part 9

They soon reach home, and Aonung is immediately taken to his mother to have his stitches redone. Tsireya, Kiri, and Tuktirey accompany him. Rotxo, however, wanders off and hides from the others. Well, not everyone. A certain pushy Na'vi follows him to his hiding spot.

As Rotxo enjoys a dip in the ocean to rinse off the blood, he sees Lo'ak standing on the beach with a bag slung around him. He's instantly angered at the sight of him, since this is where he goes to be alone, but he can't say he's shocked. Some part of him expected the boy to show up at some point, trying to make him get his wounds tended to.

He swims up to shore, rising from the water and shaking his fluffy curls around.

Rotxo- I'm not going to Ronal, it'll just give me away.

Lo'ak- I know.

He speaks with confidence then walks up to Rotxo and holds up his bag.

Lo'ak- I'm here to do it myself. Consider this a compromise.

His eyes are bold as he looks at him, clearly determined to give his wounds the care they need. Rotxo expected himself to get angry and send the boy away for prying into his business, but . . .

Rotxo- Sure.

Lo'ak's face lights up just the slightest, something Rotxo's never seen on him. Mainly because he annoys him most of the time with that poker face, but right now, for some reason Rotxo feels content.

Lo'ak- Turn and sit here.

He does as Lo'ak asks and sits in the sand with his back facing him. As he sits there, knowing Lo'ak is currently treating him, he feels so strangely calm. It's a foreign feeling.

This boy just had him so effortlessly infuriated, he could've thrown him overboard and left him at sea on the way home, but now, he's having the opposite effect. If there's anything that should be concerning, it's this.

Lo'ak- And done. All patched up. You needed a few stitches, but the others I just put some cream on to stop the bleeding.

He turns slightly, looking back and being met with Lo'ak's confident expression. He seems proud of himself. But Rotxo, he feels the sudden urge to just lay back. So he does.

He lies back, lifting his arms behind his head and rests on Lo'ak's folded legs. The shock on the boy's face is apparent as he blinks a few times, eyes widening as he holds his hands up stiffly.

Lo'ak- D-Don't lay on your back, it'll-

Rotxo- Hurt?

He blinks again and looks aside nervously, remembering that Rotxo can't feel a thing he just stitched up. Rotxo simply smirks while staring up at him. Watching him act so nervously is refreshing.

Rotxo- Relax, baby tail, I don't bite . . . much.

Lo'ak attempts to relax himself in the odd situation. He leans back on his hands and looks up at the sky. Evening has crept up on them, and so has silence. He's normally so vocal, so his sudden silence amuses Rotxo.

Rotxo- What killed your voice?

He mumbles a barely audible answer, making Rotxo laugh at him. He decides to end Lo'ak's torture for the day and leans up to stand. The boy mimics his actions.

Lo'ak- Why're you being so . . . Uh, friendly?

Rotxo- Don't get your hopes up, I just like teasing you.

Lo'ak- Fuck you, I'm leaving.

He grips tightly onto his bag as he storms off with his brows furrowed. It's clear he's confused, but that's exactly what makes Rotxo feel so satisfied as he watches him leave.