Dangerous Attraction : Part 8

At Neteyam's cave home, the Metkayinas linger, but the boy isn't there.

Rotxo- Guess we should check elsewhere.

Tonowari- No, he'll be back. Stay here, hide yourself, and strike when the time is ripe.

Rotxo nods, and the others return to the village without him. Aonung momentarily thinks Neteyam escaped them, but is immediately told otherwise. And when said boy returns to his little cave home, Rotxo is right there to take him by surprise, knocking him unconcious just as he sensed his presence.

Neteyam doesn't stay out for long, but just long enough for Rotxo to get him back to the village and let him see he's surrounded by warriors that could kill him if he tries anything.

Word of his public punishment got around to everyone. Everyone except Jake, who's out on an Ikran ride for the first time since they came here.

Rotxo carries the snarling boy over his shoulders, walking through the large crowd on the beach. Drizzle falls from the sky, the only precipitation the clouds grant this day. When he reaches the center, there's a wooden steak in the ground. Ropes are tied to it, the other ends waiting to bind Neteyam down.

Tonowari steps forward as Rotxo pins Neteyam down next to the steak and begins binding his wrists, ankles, and neck. He's placed on his knees, his back facing his audience and his tail twisting and turning with fury.

Kiri, Lo'ak, Tsireya, and Aonung watch from behind the Olo'eyktan. Tuktirey stands further back in the crowd with Kalín, worried for the boy, and wondering where his father is.

A large man steps into the center, a thin whip as his choice. He only waits for their leader to give the word. Endless chatter and stares surround the bound boy, to which he grants glares and snarls, until he spots Aonung. His expression briefly falls, but snaps back when his punisher steps closer to him. He quickly bares his fangs, hissing at the man.

Tonowari holds his hand into the air, silencing everyone so that he may speak.

Tonowari- This boy has rejected kindness, disrespected and insulted my son, yet Aonung always forgave him, so I let it slide.

A few displeased voices are heard in the crowd.

Tonowari- But he has almost killed him, leaving a wound on his neck that will surely scar his skin!

More voices roar with anger in response, and Neteyam merely glares up at the Olo'eyktan. Aonung shakes his head, hardly able to look as the man's grip tightens on the handle of that thin rope.

Aonung- I can't watch this.

He mumbles, only catching the attention of his sister.

Tonowari- This, I cannot forgive!

The crowd begins to cheer aggressively, ready for him to give the word and allow them to watch Neteyam be whipped for hurting their kind future leader. Tonowari begins another part of his speech.

Aonung's breath begins to quicken, but then he notices an Ikran flying in from afar towards the other side of the beach. Jake Sully is returning, and if Aonung is fast enough, perhaps he can stop this before Neteyam is badly hurt.