Mutual Attraction : Part 1

Light rain falls, the many droplets hopping on the ocean surface. There's no storm in the dim skies, and it seems like it's simply a rainy day. The light sound plays behind the everyday lives of the Metkayina.

On the beach, Aonung prepares Neteyam for another lesson in Ilu riding, with the help of Lo'ak. The younger Sully only tagged along with them to make sure his brother wouldn't harm Aonung. As much as he says he wouldn't, Lo'ak doesn't trust him. So, for the past few days he's been helping with lessons that he and the others have already been taught.

Meanwhile, Rotxo and Tsireya have been continuing further lessons with Kiri and Tuktirey. Typically Tsireya would focus her attention mainly on Kiri and let Rotxo handle his little friend, but these days she's been focusing on Tuktirey. Leaving Rotxo to help Kiri, which is completely out of the ordinary for them. The two have never been particularly close or friendly with one another, mainly because of Rotxo being distant from anyone he doesn't choose to talk to.

Today, however, he isn't really in the mood to be speaking with or being around anyone.

As the four walk along the edges of the forest, heading up a mountain, discussing a cliff spot Tsireya mentioned, Rotxo abruptly stops with a sigh and turns around. Tuktirey looks back at him, then tugs Tsireya's arm, gaining her attention.

Tsireya- Rotxo, where are you going?

Rotxo- Back to the beach, for a swim.

He speaks without stopping or turning around. Tsireya and Kiri exchange a look. Kiri has been wanting to get closer to him, mostly because of her forming crush, but also because she wants to know her entire friend group well. These are the only kids in the village they interact with after all. Tsireya is her closest friend, and Aonung somehow makes everyone feel closer to him, never leaving anyone out. All that's left is Rotxo.

Kiri decides to follow him, leaving Tuktirey a bit confused as Tsireya guides her to proceed on their path.

Rotxo hears light footsteps behind him and turns around, seeing Kiri casually walking behind him. He stops, facing her.

Rotxo- Why are you following me?

Kiri- I'm not following you, we're hanging out, obviously.

Rotxo- No, you're following me.

Kiri- Is it wrong for me to want to swim too?

He's quiet for a moment, then with a shrug he turns back on his path. She assumes that's his okay for her to accompany him.