Dangerous Attraction : Part 6

The next morning, the sun shines but only from behind light clouds. The air is cool, and the ground is littered with many branches and leaves torn from trees the previous night. Within Neteyam's small cave, he awakes, leaning up and stretching before gazing down at the figure next to him. Aonung's broad back faces him, expanding and shrinking slowly as he still rests.

The marine boy is so docile he hardly notices his strong build. Now that he thinks about it, Aonung could have easily overpowered him both times he attacked, but he refrained. He did use force on him the first time, but it wasn't painful, just restricting. It makes him wonder just how much damage he could do if he wasn't so well rounded.

Suddenly a small sneeze comes from him. Slowly, he leans up, his curly hair dragging behind him. For a moment it seems he's forgotten where he is, looking around for a bit before sighing and rubbing his eyes.

Neteyam- Morning, dolphin.

He gasps and turns around with a bit of fear in his eyes.

Neteyam- What, did you forget I was here?

Aonung- No, Rotxo's gonna kill me.

Neteyam- Damn. Better get moving.

He hops up and bolts towards the entrance, momentarily turning around.

Aonung- I'll come back later, yeah?

Neteyam- If you aren't dead.

With a smile, Aonung takes off, already excited about returning. Neteyam just shakes his head with a smirk, thinking the marine boy excites too easily, but he doesn't mind it.

Within the village, Rotxo storms along the woven paths fuming. Tsireya follows behind him worriedly. Not so much worried for Aonung being gone as she is for Rotxo taking it so badly.

Tsireya- Rotxo, chill the fuck out, I'm sure he's fine.

He stops abruptly, snapping his gaze back at her.

Rotxo- But what if he isn't?! Nobody would know!

He doesn't let her answer, and turns around to continue his stride.

Rotxo- No wonder he's been so fuckin' tired. Sneaking off at night, what the hell, angel?

Tsireya- You don't know if he's been doing it every night.

Rotxo- It adds up!

Lo'ak, and Kiri approach them, originally planning to meet with them at the beach. Tuktirey isn't present, since she wanted to accompany Kalín for the day, so she could see the many materials and make herself some new accessories.

Lo'ak- What's going on?

Rotxo growls in response to his question and continues to march ahead of them.

Tsireya- Aonung snuck off last night an-

Rotxo- Every night!

Tsireya- . . . And he wasn't home when we woke.

Kiri- Where could he be?

Tsireya- I honestly don't know. He's usually never one to stray from his routine, and sleeping somewhere besides home has never been a part of it.

Lo'ak- There he is!

They each stop in their tracks and look to where Lo'ak is facing. Aonung quickly makes his way up to them with a nervous smile while tying his hair up, but before he can greet them, Rotxo nudges him a bit and stands in front of him, seething.

Rotxo- Where the hell were you?

Aonung- I . . . I was just . . .

He attempts to think up an excuse, but his mind fails him.

Rotxo- Don't try to fuckin' lie to me, you suck at it. Tell me where you were.

Lo'ak- He isn't a child, you know.

Tsireya quickly places a firm hand on Lo'ak's shoulder, shaking her head, warning him not to test Rotxo right now.

Rotxo- Speak.

Aonung- . . . I was with Neteyam.

Lo'ak- What?!

He reacts before Rotxo does, stepping up to Aonung.

Lo'ak- Do those stitches mean nothing to you?

Aonung- I forgive him.

Lo'ak- Are you fucking serious?!

Rotxo- Your brother did that?

Tsireya's breath hitches, and Kiri notices.

Kiri- Tsireya? What's wrong?

Rotxo suddenly storms off.

Tsireya- Shit. Rotxo, don't!

He ignores her.

Kiri- What's he doing?

Tsireya- He's telling my parents.

Aonung quickly follows behind him, protesting his current mission, but Rotxo isn't having it.