The Quake : Part 9

Eventually, the day comes to an end, and eclipse in all its beauty covers the skies above them. The spots of the many Na'vi begin to glow, with the Omatikayans standing out even amongst the clusters of lights.

They soon approach a very tall and wide mountain, with the silver flier at the front. The mountain is very steep, with a thin strip of beach running along its base. But the creature doesn't head to the thin beach, it instead leads them around the massive land. As they make their way around the side, the mountain remains steep, but lowers bit by bit, until they reach the other side.

There's a decent sized beach with a wall of tall rocks behind it. It's almost as large as the beach they lived on before, but as they come up to shore, their guide doesn't land. Instead, it takes Jake and Koral over the tall rock wall.

Tonowari allows his exhausted people to rest on the beach, while he and his mate look out at the rocks, wondering where the creature has gone. Then Jake's voice calls to them. As they approach the rocks, the man comes running out of a tunnel through the wall. He rushes over to them.

Jake- You need to see this.

The Olo'eyktan and his mate exchange a look before following Jake through the tunnel. On the other side, Koral stands waiting for them while taking in the sight. As they step into long luscious grasses, they look out onto the wide meadows, and the large glistening lake in the middle. The steep line of mountain surrounds the areas like a protective barrier decorated by trees. The place is much bigger within than out on the beach.

As they look around wide eyed, the call of the leonopteryx in the sky draws their attention. It glides around screeching as if it's talking to them.

Jake- I know your people have always built their homes on the water, but I think it wants us to live in the meadow.

Ronal- It would seem so.

Tonowari observes the terrain, creating a mental image of how their village could look and where it would be placed. He noticed that there are no reef barriers like their old home, so they wouldn't know danger was near until too late, but he could fix that. With that thought in mind, he makes his decision.

When they return to the beach, he gathers his people and explains how things will work here, starting with their new homes. But before they can start working, much rest is needed. He instructs everyone to gather their belongings and head into the enclosed haven within the enormous mountain.

Everyone begins claiming spaces at the base of the mountain, where they'll build their homes. Once Tonowari claims his for his family, Rotxo and Aonung sit under a tree together, while Tsireya and her mother start envisioning their new place nearby. The heir is still sad, but is relieved he still has his family and friends. He also feels great excitement because he'll get to explore this new beautiful place.

Rotxo watches his best friend's eyes beam as he looks out at the distant meadows on the other side.

Rotxo- Feelin' better?

Aonung- Mostly. How's your leg?

Rotxo- Sore.

Aonung- You should probably rest tomorrow then.

Rotxo- I think I might actually agree with you. There's a lot of shit to get done.

Aonung- Can I kiss you now?

He mentally curses his friend out for a split second.

Rotxo- What the fuck, Aonung? We were just having a conversation.

Aonung- Sorry.

Rotxo- Control yourself. Damn.

He stands from his spot with a wince at the pain in his thigh, but continues to move forward anyway.

Aonung- Where are you going?

Rotxo- Stay here.