New Family Dynamic : Part 4

Both boys look up just in time to see the missing boy jump from a tree and land between them, facing Aonung. He stands straight, and takes a step towards the Metkayina heir.

Neteyam- Why would someone like this go chasing after me, knowing damn well he doesn't want to?

Neteyam gives him a serious and accusing look, but Aonung merely smiles at him.

Aonung- Glad you decided to drop in.

Neteyam- Bullshit.

Aonung- I know you think I don't care, but the reason I come looking for you is simply to say that I do, and prove that you're wrong.

Neteyam- What a shame. You'd think the future Olo'eyktan would know when his efforts are being wasted.

Lo'ak stands in front of Aonung, and Neteyam instantly takes a step back.

Lo'ak- You mean like how Mom and Dad's efforts were wasted on you too?

He crosses his arms and smirks at his younger brother.

Neteyam- They certainly wasted their time on something.

He glares at Neteyam, then turns around, pulling Aonung away by the shoulder.

Lo'ak- Let's go, he's a waste of time.

Aonung- You barely even tried.

With a roll of his eyes he turns to face him again, and begins to speak in a sarcastically positive tone.

Lo'ak- Hey, big bro, Dad's wallowing in pity while the rest of us fend for ourselves, wanna help out?

Neteyam- (scoffs)

Lo'ak- And Kiri's overwhelmed because she's trying to keep us in check, which is really supposed to be your job, though, right?

Neteyam- In what fucking life?

Lo'ak- Oh, and Tuk doesn't wanna act her age anymore because she thinks she's a burden now, any thoughts on that?

Neteyam- Serves her right.

He turns to Aonung again, his voice normal.

Lo'ak- See? He isn't worth anyone's time. Now, let's go.

Aonung stands eyes wide as Lo'ak grabs his wrist and begins to pull him off.

Neteyam- You forgot one.

He freezes, and Aonung looks back at Neteyam who's now wearing a glare.

Neteyam- Don't be shy, baby bro, tell me how you're feeling.

He remains quiet, and Neteyam begins to step closer, and closer to them.

Neteyam- Tell me how hard this has been for you, like Kiri, and Tuk. All of you good for nothing piles of shit that don't give a damn about anyone other than yourselves.

Lo'ak turns to face Neteyam, with his fists balled.

Lo'ak- You're the one that doesn't give a shit about anybody else!

Neteyam- Aw, come on, don't accuse your big brother like that.

Lo'ak- Big brother?! I don't even know what the hell that is!

Neteyam- Then please . . .

He slowly reaches for his dagger.

Neteyam- Allow me to explain.