The Al'Háven Way : Part 7

He goes ignored as she continues to run in search of better help. When he looks back down at Rotxo, a moment briefly flashes in his eyes, making him look away with a wince and rub them. He stands up, shaking his head and begins to walk off, but stops himself.

Watching the boy go through this stirs up memories, but that doesn't mean he has to just abandon him.

Unable to leave Rotxo alone while he's vulnerable, he goes back over to him and sits. He keeps his eyes off of him and on his surroundings, until his ears notice the sudden silence.

He looks next to him. Rotxo has stopped moving, and there isn't a noise coming from him, not even the sound of a breath being taken. He observes for a moment, waiting for his body to show that he's breathing, but it doesn't happen.

He calls Rotxo's name, beginning to panic, and seeing glimpses of a familiar scene, only in that moment, someone's life had ended. With his heart racing, he moves into a kneeling position, not wanting to fully see the memory that's trying to torture him, but knowing he has to do something.

Without another thought, he rolls Rotxo onto his back, and places his hands over his chest, performing CPR. As he attempts to bring air back into the boy's body, he speaks to him, urging him to wake, but he gains no response.

As he breathes heavily, his eyes begin to burn, forming tears of panic and fear. He suddenly stops, allowing them to fall, and shakes his head. He can't let this happen.

As a last resort, he places his hands up on the sides of Rotxo's head, then lies his forehead against the boy's chest, repeatedly saying a prayer to Eywa. Begging for this boy to wake and not have his life taken from him.

Neteyam- Rutxe, Eywa, rutxe. I cannot let someone else die. Please hear me this time.

After a short plea, he resumes his prayer, not noticing the soft breaths Rotxo has begun to take.

The marine boy's eyes open slowly, regaining his senses, and immediately noticing the firm hands holding his face. He leans up, hearing someone's prayers, then Neteyam's teary gaze snaps up to him.

Rotxo- Neteyam?

There are few people he would've expected to see crying over him, and Neteyam certainly isn't one of them. He looks around them, recognizing the area and remembering what he was doing. He figures he must've passed out, since he remembers feeling dizzy.

He looks back at Neteyam, who pulls his hands back and wipes the new tears he now has streaming his face.

Rotxo- The hell is wrong with you?

Rotxo sits almost awed at the sight of Neteyam's saddened state. He's been told the boy can be unstable in many ways, but has never had to face it himself. He assumed unstable simply referred to the irrational anger he's witnessed, but now sees that isn't the case.

But now seeing there's more to it doesn't help him know how to deal with it. He and Neteyam have what he feels is the worst relationship out of the teens. They hate each other, and don't mind voicing that hatred. The only thing keeping them from borderline killing each other is their good relationship with Aonung.

Despite his obvious dislike, though, he doesn't want to see the boy breaking down over him.

Rotxo- Calm down, alright? There's nothing to cry about.