Dangerous Attraction : Part 11

When they leave, the crowd begins to clear, leaving only Tonowari and his children standing there, and Ronal is now striding up to her mate.

Ronal- What did you do? I could hear Jake Sully screaming at you from the den.

Aonung- He was gonna punish Neteyam, mother. But I brought Jake to stop him.

She sighs in relief.

Ronal- Well done, my sweet boy.

Aonung smiles, always loving his mother's praise. It's his father that only seems to be pleased when he simply follows orders, but as the next leader, he doesn't have a choice but to obey him. In a way though, this situation has brought Neteyam back to his family, so Aonung isn't completely mad at his father.

He still, however, feels anger towards his best friend. Rotxo stands on the sidelines, beyond angry.

Ronal- Your father and I must have a discussion, you kids feel free to do as you please for the rest of the evening.

Aonung- Thank you, mother.

Aonung and Tsireya go in one direction, while Rotxo goes off on his own. As they get further away from the shore, they hear the echo of a slap, and the Tsahík fussing angrily in the distance.

In the Sully den, Neteyam sits obediently while Lo'ak tends to his wound. His fingers are shaking lightly as he works. He won't admit it out loud, but Neteyam does scare him, especially after nearly killing him before.

Kiri watches with her arms crossed, and Tuktirey observes with a small smile. She's happy Neteyam is back, but only because he's family. She doesn't have a distinct relationship with him as she does with the others. With Kiri, she can share her thoughts and secrets, though they're on a break at the moment. With Lo'ak, it's always nonstop laughter and playful bickering. But with Neteyam, he's just an older brother, and she's his youngest sister. They share no special memories.

That fact leaves Tuktirey with plenty of space to build a new relationship with her oldest brother. But it'll be tricky, because even she knows there's a chance he won't let her in. She knows he was closer to their mother than the rest of them. She could always tell by paying close attention to the little things that the others missed. So she feels he likely has a grudge against her since she was the reason Neytiri was lost.