An Array of Feelings : Part 4

As he walks up to Tonowari, he lets out a yawn.

Tonowari- You can't be tired after sleeping in.

Jake- Socializing brings a different type of exhaustion.

The two begin to stroll another way, side by side.

Tonowari- What did you think of her?

Jake- Well, she's the complete opposite of Neytiri, so, she's perfect.

Tonowari- The first step to getting your life back is officially complete.

Jake- Now I need an official nap.

Tonowari- No, you'll go soft if you don't do anything all day. Today, we will begin your Skimwing training.

Jake suddenly gets a burst of energy. He's been dying to take on one of those wild creatures.

Jake- Then what're we waitin' for? Let's go.

He starts running through the dens to get to the beach. The sudden enthusiasm reminds Tonowari of a child, but that isn't a bad thing, it means he's finally getting comfortable.

Meanwhile, their children have been out in the ocean for some time now. On a relaxing Ilu ride, enjoying the day, and taking things especially easy because of Aonung's injury. For the most part they remain above the surface, since diving wouldn't be good for his neck.

However, the kind boy does urge them not to let him hold them back from more fun. So occasionally they dive a bit without him, but he doesn't mind.

They're outside of the reef, but aren't too far out, their home is still in distant proximity.

On the back of Rotxo's Ilu, Tuktirey holds onto him, watching Lo'ak attempt crazy tricks in the water.

Tuktirey- I wanna do that!

Rotxo- Fuck no, you'll fall off.

Tuktirey- Please! Please, please, please, please, please, pl-

Rotxo- Shut the fuck up! Damn! I'll do it.

Tuktirey- Yay!

She holds on tight as his Ilu dives underwater and starts spiraling downward. Then upward again, and leaps out of the water. Tuktirey throws her arms up with a happy squeal, reaching for the sky, but quickly holds onto Rotxo again when they're reentering the water.

Tsireya and Kiri sit still in the water on their Ilu, observing the two. Tsireya smirks at Rotxo and Tuktirey's close friendship.

Tsireya- That sucker.

Kiri- I think it's cute.

Tsireya- You would, doe eyes. Wanna race?

Kiri- Always a competition with you. Can't we just go on a leisurely ride without-

Tsireya takes off on her Ilu, getting a head start. Kiri rolls her eyes as if she's mad, but it's meaningless. She quickly goes after Tsireya, attempting to catch up. She isn't very competitive, but no way is she forfeiting.

She catches up to her, watching her long wavy hair catch the wind and trail behind her like a blur from how fast they're going.