Dangerous Attraction : Part 7

He storms right up to the Olo'eyktan, who he finds heading on his way to the shore. He gives the teens an odd look as they crowd him voicing many things, but one voice in particular earns a response.

Rotxo- I know who hurt Aonung.

Aonung- Rotxo, no! He didn't mean it, it's fine.

Tonowari- Who?

Rotxo- It was the eldest Sully boy, Neteyam.

No matter how many times his father asked, Aonung never told him who hurt him. Tonowari wasn't surprised, he knows his son would never wish the punishment for harming the future Olo'eyktan on anyone. But now he knows exactly who deserves to be punished, and presented in front of the villagers as an example.

Ignoring his son's pleas to leave the boy be, Tonowari calls out to nearby warriors.

Aonung- Father, please, don't do this.

Tonowari- You have always been far too kind, son, but some people are immune to kindness, and those people need to be taught a lesson.

Aonung- He doesn't deserve this.

Tonowari- Where is he?

Aonung- . . .

Everyone watches him, anticipating what he'll say. He doesn't want to give up Neteyam's location, and doesn't want to see him be whipped before the villagers.

Tonowari- Speak now, boy.

His father grows impatient, urging to get ahold of the one that harmed his son. But Aonung remains quiet once again.

Tonowari doesn't know what's making him so defiant all of a sudden, but he doesn't have time for it. He places a heavy hand on Aonung's shoulder, gripping slightly. The motion makes the boy tense up. If he stays quiet much longer, it'll be considered disrespectful.

Aonung- He's . . . In a small cave, in the dense woods.

Tonowari- Good. Don't freeze like that again.

Aonung nods meekly, and his father releases him. The Olo'eyktan leads his few warriors, plus Rotxo, out of the village.

Tsireya holds onto Aonung's arm, looking up at him. His expression is beyond worried, he's fearful.

Lo'ak- What's gonna happen when they catch him?

Tsireya- He'll get punishment.

Kiri- Which is?

Tsireya- For hurting the heir of our clan? One hell of a whipping.

Aonung- He doesn't deserve this.

Lo'ak- I don't know what kind of delusions you've been in, but that asshole deserves more than just a beating.

Aonung takes a deep breath, pretending he didn't just hear those words.

Aonung- I can't believe I'm saying this, but . . .

He turns a glare at Lo'ak, making the boy's heart drop.

Aonung- You don't know him.

Kiri- The fuck do you mean? He's our brother, we grew up with him.

Aonung- Yet you shun him as if he's a stranger.

With that, he walks off. Nowhere in particular, just away from them, so he can keep himself calm in the uncontrollable situation he brought upon himself and Neteyam. He only hopes the boy is vicious enough to escape his father, and Rotxo.