Brotherhood : Part 14

The teens begin to leave the den, Lo'ak momentarily looking at Rotxo's unconscious figure still lying on the floor under a blanket. Once they're gone, Jake faces the Olo'eyktan with a serious look, getting right down to business.

Jake- If this new enemy is anything like Quaritch, then we gotta face this head on.

Tonowari- I trust your judgment, but are you sure you're ready for another battle?

Jake- I have to be, we don't have a choice here.

Ronal and Tonowari share a glance, but decide not to comment on his decision. They do need him after all.

Jake- First things first, we're gonna need gear. We'll have to take a trip, back to our old home. I'm gonna need strong guys that learn and adapt fast, n'see if I can get 'em on some Ikran.

He knew Jake was good, but he still gets impressed by his process, and quick thinking.

Tonowari- Welcome back, Toruk Makto.

Out in the village, the teens stroll along the woven pathways towards the Sully den, each of them thinking up a name for this strange boy. Completely ignoring the many stares coming their way because of their guest.

Tuktirey- Rainbow!

Lo'ak- No fuckin' way.

Tuktirey- Why not?

Tsireya- Let's give him one that's manly.

Kiri- He's kinda pretty though.

Lo'ak- But he's not a girl. No man, no matter how gorgeous, doesn't want some girly ass name.

Kiri- So you think he's gorgeous?

Lo'ak- That's not what I said.

Neteyam- How about we just call him Nine.

Lo'ak- No way, he needs a real name.

Neteyam- That is a real name. It's so real they burned it onto him.

The nameless boy looks downward, adjusting his hold on Aonung's arm.

Lo'ak- Look, bro, you made him sad. Be nice or don't speak.

Neteyam rolls his eyes and continues to walk in front of them in silence.

Kiri- We could call him Wanderer.

Lo'ak- Nope, too long.

Tsireya- We could call him Clinger.

Kiri- Or just Cling.

Lo'ak- No, and no. It sounds like you're making fun of him.

Aonung- Koral.

Lo'ak- Hm, that doesn't sound too bad. It doesn't scream manliness though.

Aonung- It doesn't have to, it just has to fit. I think Koral suits him.

The boy's tail begins to sway happily, and he chirps softly.

Tsireya- Looks like he likes it.

Kiri- Looks like he likes Aonung.

The girls giggle, and Aonung shakes his head, rolling his eyes playfully.

Kiri- Aren't you popular, huh stud.

Aonung- He clung to Jake the same way, stop your nonsense.

Tsireya- Hmm. Maybe he just feels secure around strong guys.

Lo'ak- I'm strong. Why isn't he clinging to me?

They silently stare at him, wondering if he can hear or see himself.

Kiri- Did you really just ask that?

Neteyam- Aonung lifted you over his head today, Lo'ak.

Tsireya- Damn. How's it feel to be light as a feather?

Lo'ak- Ya'know what? Fuck you guys.

They soon reach their den, and Kiri cooks for everyone. While they eat and enjoy themselves together, entertaining their guest, none of them stop and think of the danger that's coming their way. But that coming danger is all Jake is thinking about. After all, he can't afford to think of anything else now. He has to make sure they survive this without total destruction.