Mutual Attraction : Part 5

He allows Tuktirey to latch back onto him as he turns to face the wall again. He looks up and sees Tsireya check on them before moving across. But suddenly, she stops. And when he looks in the direction she is, he sees why.

Kiri isn't on the other side anymore.

Tsireya looks around frantically, until Kiri calls from below them. They both look down and see she's hanging onto a thin tree growing out the side, right at the sheer drop.

Tsireya- Kiri! Hold on! Hold on, I'm coming!

Rotxo- No! Get to the path!

Tsireya- But, Kiri-

Rotxo- I'll stay with her, just go get help!

Tsireya, with her heart racing, reaches her hand out to the next safe looking rock, but freezes at the sound of a scream. She immediately looks down and sees Kiri's grip sliding.

Tsireya- Kiri, hold on!

She slips.

Tuktirey- Kiri!

Tsireya jumps off the side of the mountain, sliding down to the cliff and jumping off after Kiri.

Rotxo- Tsireya, no!

They both fall out of his sight, which makes his heart race, but he can't dwell on it. He has to get this sniffling little girl to safety. So he just turns around and climbs with urgency. Once he makes it closer to the top, he begins to move across until he reaches the end, and finally pulls up onto the path.

He stands with Tuktirey still holding onto him, refusing to let go. He observes her, noticing some cuts on her legs. Without thinking too much about it, he quickly starts jogging further down the path, to hurry and get to the village for help, and for Tuktirey to get tended to.

Off the edge of the cliff, Tsireya meets Kiri in mid air, grabbing onto her arms. Kiri looks at her with complete shock and fear, before getting angry with her.

Kiri- What the hell are you doing?! I'm done for!

Tsireya- If you're gonna fuckin' die, then I'm gonna fuckin' die too!

Kiri- Why would you jump after me like that?! Like what the fuck?!

Tsireya- I wanted to save you!

Kiri- That's bullshit! We're falling to our deaths! You knew you couldn't save me!

Tsireya- Fine! I can't live without you!

She goes silent as Tsireya's tears surface and blow back along her face, nothing but wind blowing past their ears as they plummet.

Tsireya- So we're gonna fucking die together! Do you understand?!

With her own tears breaking away in the wind, Kiri truly does understand. She only wishes it could've been said before they ended up plummeting from a cliff.

Kiri- What the fuck, Tsireya?!

Tsireya- I was scared, okay! I'm so-

Sloppily, because of the wind, she brings Tsireya's face against hers for the kiss she assumes to be their first and last. Tsireya holds onto her tightly, their eyes closing and becoming satisfied with their fate.