PART I: INTRODUCTION

"YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT YOU DID?" the chairman thundered at Freen, summoning her to his office.

As he viewed the footage of Freen dancing exuberantly and kissing a man at the club, he couldn't contain his frustration. This scandal was particularly damning since Freen was already engaged to his son.

"The video has garnered over ten million views, Freen Sarocha! What will the others, especially the board, think? You're the CEO of Pinitkanjanapun Electronics, and my son's intended bride. The board might even entertain proposals for my son's hand in marriage from other families. This is entirely your fault, Sarocha!" The chairman gestured for her to leave before he unleashed more offensive remarks.

With her head bowed, Freen left the office and encountered Heng, her fiancé on paper.

"What did Dad say?" he inquired, gently pulling her into a comforting hug.

Overwhelmed with guilt, Freen burst into tears. She knew she had disappointed everyone, but deep down, she realized she wasn't solely to blame. Someone had spiked her drink that night, leading to her uncharacteristic behavior.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled through her tears as Heng held her close.

Although engaged, Freen and Heng were initially friends, navigating the complexities of an arranged engagement due to Heng's aversion to unfamiliar marriage proposals.

"Let me handle this. As for you, take some time off. Avoid gadgets and the internet. Understand?" Heng advised, wiping away her tears.

Freen nodded slowly, appreciating Heng's support as he hugged her once more.

"Return to your hometown temporarily, Freen. I'll sort out this mess. If you stay here, the criticism won't cease. I promise to call you once everything is resolved, and we can return to normal," Heng assured, placing a tender kiss on the top of her head.