Chapter 52

After dinner, Freen had helped me wash the dishes and clean my condo before she left. However, I had forgotten to ask her to throw the trash, so I had to go down even though it was evening. I wasn't scared, though; I just didn't know the people around here, so I didn't want to go out at night.

When I reached the location of the dustbin, I had hastily put the garbage plastic and was about to leave when I saw Milk nearby. She was under the tree smoking. Was she stressed? I mean, I smoked sometimes, but that depended on whether I was stressed.

"Hi," I greeted her.

Milk only looked at me and nodded. She was so cold. Colder than the night, to be exact.

"Why are you here at night?" I asked to start the conversation, but she ignored me. She threw the filter in the dustbin and walked away with her hands in her pocket. "Wait!"

"What do you want?" she asked and looked at me with a blank expression.

"I just wanted to be friends with you. I was still new in this place," I smiled awkwardly.

"I'm not a tour guide. And I don't do friendship," she said as she walked past me. This time, she quickened her pace, making it hard for me to keep up. While chasing her, I didn't notice that there was a rock on my way, and I fell, causing me to stumble on the ground and sprain my ankle.

"Bullshit," I cursed softly. Damn, really? At this evening? Was this my karma? "Dang." I tried to stand up, but I couldn't.

"Clumsy," Milk rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as she looked at me. "What are you waiting for?"

"I can't stand. Can't you see?" I retorted. This girl was getting on my nerves. "You can go back. I'll call someone to help me."

"Who?" Milk raised her brow. "You said you're new here, right? Who would help you? And besides, you really don't know what kind of place this is, aren't you?"

"Wow. You have too many word counts tonight," I sarcastically said. "I'll call my friend." I was referring to Freen. However, when I searched in my pocket, my phone wasn't with me.

"Ask me," Milk prompted.

"What?" I glared at her.

"Ask me to help you, idiot," she said, looking at me intently and waiting for me to ask for her help. Why couldn't she do it by herself? Why should I ask?

"Fine," I acquiesced. "Please?"

"I'm not asking you to ask me because I don't want to," Milk started as she positioned herself beside me to prepare herself to carry me. "It's because I will touch you, and I want to do it with permission." I wrapped my arms around her and looked at her furrowed brows.

Did I mention that she was beautiful? But Freen's beauty was ethereal. Why was I comparing their faces?

"Stop staring or I'll drop you?" She threatened.

I quickly averted my gaze, but I was shy until we reached the elevator. She was still carrying me until the third floor. However, when the door opened, I saw Freen. I thought she went home already?

"What happened to you?" Freen asked and looked at my foot. "Let me carry you."

"It's fine," Milk coldly said and gestured Freen to move aside.

Freen opened my door using the keys I got, and Milk put me on the couch. She left again before I could thank her, but when I looked at Freen, her eyebrows were knitted.

"What?" I asked.

"You should've called me," Freen bit her lips and looked at my injured ankle. "I won't go home tonight. I'll take care of you."

"You have work tomorrow," I said and tried to sit, but she pushed me to lie down and touched my foot gently.

"It's fine. I can work from here. But I can't take care of you while I'm there," she coldly replied and looked around. "Where's your first aid?"

"Hanging cabinet," I pointed it out, and Freen hurriedly went to get it.

Freen was so gentle, and she put a bandage around. She was really worried based on her expression and was kind of jealous. Was this because of Milk? I never saw her getting jealous before, so I didn't know. I was the only one who got jealous because there were people around her always, confessing and such. But now, it was so overwhelming to see her like this. To see that she really cared for me.

"I'll carry you to your room," Freen said and gently carried me inside. As she put me on the bed, our eyes locked, and I could see the pain she was having. She was indeed jealous. "I'll sleep on the couch."

"Why?" I asked. "Don't you want to sleep here?"

"I want to, but I won't," Freen removed my arms from her and covered the half of my body with the blanket. "Call me if you need something."

Freen left the door ajar and went out. I heaved a sigh and looked at the ceiling. Did I hurt her somehow? But I didn't have my phone with me, and I didn't have an option but to ask Milk for help.

Suddenly, a couple of knocks coming from the main door of my condo pulled me from my thoughts. Freen stood up and checked, but she didn't open it. She also didn't bother to tell me who it was.

"Who is it, Freen?" I asked.

"Your woman," Freen replied.

"Open it," I prompted.

Freen stood up, and her strides were heavy as she opened the door. I couldn't hear the conversation, but Freen shut it and entered my room with a plastic bag.

"So you admit that she's your woman?" she asked and handed me the bag with bandages. Perhaps, Milk bought this a while ago.

"She's a friend, Freen," I told her and sat up to put the bag in the drawer.

"I'm sorry," Freen said and lay down beside me. She hugged me and buried her face on my waist. "Promise me that she's just a friend. Please?"

I caressed Freen's hair and nodded, although she couldn't see it. How could I love someone else when I couldn't take my eyes off of her? I wanted to give in already, to have her officially, but I didn't want to be fooled again. I wanted to test her. How much she loved me. How much she could wait for me just like I waited for her.

"I'm sorry, Bec. I'm just paranoid," Freen whispered.

"Sleep here. I know you can sleep properly if I'm beside you," I said.

Freen looked above to stare at me and smiled. "Thank you."

I rolled my eyes, and she positioned herself comfortably beside me. Now, how could I act tough in front of her if she kept on warming my heart?