Chapter 4

Freen, clad in a spaghetti top paired with a black leather jacket and denim jeans, descended the stairs. As she reached the lower floor, she scanned the room for her aunt to inform her about delaying dinner. However, before she could relay the message, she spotted a note left on the table by her aunt. It explained that her aunt had gone to visit friends who had just arrived. Freen hadn't accompanied her because that particular friend preferred smaller gatherings, but her aunt promised to introduce them later.

Freen chuckled as she tucked the note into the pocket of her jeans. Deli, her aunt, always opted for these notes instead of waking Freen up by knocking on her door when she went out.

Heading to the garage, Freen retrieved her motorcycle. Donning the helmet, she revved the engine and set off for the mall.

Puzzled by Gulf's ambiguous instruction to meet "behind the mall," Freen wondered if it meant a café located there or a literal location. Shaking off her confusion, she accelerated, determined to reach her destination. Suddenly, a girl ran across the pedestrian path, despite the green traffic light. Freen slammed the brakes just in time, preventing an accident. Fortunately, the girl wasn't hurt, but she fell down.

"Are you okay?" Freen asked, helping the girl to her feet.

"It was her fault, don't be nice!" a guy inside a car shouted before driving off. Freen disregarded him and turned to the girl in the white dress.

"Is it my fault that I can't see the traffic light?" the girl asked, glaring at Freen.

Taken aback, Freen removed her helmet and looked at the girl, running her fingers through her hair to tidy it.

"I'm Love," the girl said before Freen could say anything. Love extended her hand to shake hands with Freen. "Are you from here?"

"No. Are you okay now? Can I go?" Freen asked, glancing at her watch. She needed to get to the mall, or Gulf would scold her.

"You're going to the university, right? What's your name?" Love persisted, but Freen ignored her. She put on her helmet and went back to her motorcycle.

"Freen. Nexus University. ECE." She drove past Love, unsure if she heard, but she had to get to the mall on time.

When Freen arrived, she parked her motorcycle at the Café parking lot, but Gulf wasn't there. Now, she understood that Gulf's words were literal. He meant to meet her exactly behind the mall.

"Hey," she said as she approached him.

Between the two of them, Freen had a more masculine appearance, and Gulf was upset about it. He didn't look like a man beside her, and it bothered him.

"What are you wearing? Didn't I tell you to stop wearing those clothes if we're together? Wear a dress or something sexy, Freen. You look more like a man than I do," Gulf complained, glaring at her.

Freen sneered, crossing her arms. "I told you, Gulf. Let's break up. I don't want to continue this anymore," she said, her conscience not allowing her to continue.

"Why? I need an explanation, Freen. I won't break up with you unless you tell me." Gulf reached for her hand, looking at her gently. "We've been together for two years now. I can't live without you."

There it was, the line she hated. Freen didn't want to end their relationship because she was genuinely in love with him. He understood her when she couldn't understand herself, supporting her through her worst moments.

"I cheated," Freen dropped the bomb. "Last night, when I didn't text or call you. I was sleeping with someone." She averted her gaze out of shame.

Gulf was left dumbfounded. In their two-year relationship, Freen never let him kiss her, and now she claimed to have slept with someone? It was a painful revelation.

"What?" Gulf asked, trying to prevent his tears. "Then can I kiss you now?" he asked, causing Freen to furrow her brows.

"Didn't you hear what I said? I cheated, Gulf. You still want me?" she asked.

"I always want you, Freen. Even if you slept with two or three men. I don't care." Gulf cupped her cheeks, smiling sadly. "I love you, Freen. You are my world." Gulf leaned in for a kiss, and she responded.

Dang. Strike two. Freen didn't care. All she could do was be shocked because Gulf accepted her. But she couldn't reveal the truth to him. She didn't sleep with a man but with a —

"Freen?"

Freen immediately removed herself from the kiss when she heard Richie's voice from behind. They both looked at each other, and Richie chuckled at the sight of Gulf and Freen. Seriously? Who would kiss in public, especially with many people around?

"Gulf, you know Richie, right?" Freen asked nervously.

"Is he the one?" Gulf asked, and Freen immediately shook her head.

"What the one?" Richie furrowed his brows.

"Nothing. I know you two know each other. But Gulf, this is Richie's sister. Her name is Rebecca." Freen smiled awkwardly. She is the one, but she couldn't admit it.

"Oh, hi. I'm Gulf. Freen's boyfriend. Nice to meet you," he said, shaking Becky's hand.

Becky only nodded and hid her hand inside the pocket of her hoodie.

"Anyway, Becky and I will eat at the café. Don't you want to join us?" Richie asked.

"Sorry. We're going—" Freen wanted to escape the dense atmosphere, but Gulf stopped her.

"Yeah. We're also starving. Mind if we join?" Gulf asked, snaking his arms around Freen's waist.

Becky looked at his hand and rolled her eyes. She touched more than that.

"We're actually inviting you. So, let's go?" Richie gestured for them to follow, and they obliged. However, Freen felt uncomfortable, first because of Gulf's hand on her waist and second, because of Becky's sticky stares at her.