Chapter 28

The next morning, the council notified Freen that she had to go to the university's auditorium for a meeting. All the nominees were expected to attend, but Richie needed to finish something first, so Freen had to go alone.

"You're Freen, right?" A guy asked her. "If you don't mind, can I get your number?" He slowly rubbed the back of his neck as he handed his phone to Freen.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not fond of using phones," Freen shyly smiled and took a seat. She looked around to see if she could spot anyone familiar, but found no one. Perhaps today, she would be alone.

"I heard she's dating Richard Armstrong from their department. That guy is a complete genius," the friend of the guy told him when they reached their seats not far from Freen's. "I met him during the football tryout, and he was awesome, dude. I guess you should back off." He laughed.

"Freen's gorgeous. And her personality is unique. Imagine, no one in the Engineering Department disobeys the rules because they're afraid of Engfa and Dew. But there she is, setting an example." They both laughed together, and Freen sighed.

So that's what Engfa meant when she said that Freen became more popular for disobeying the rules. Well, it wasn't her fault. If Engfa hadn't told the council that they were outside that night, nothing would have happened.

"What about Richard's sister? The other girl who disobeyed the curfew?" the friend said and showed something to the guy. Freen tried to look, but she couldn't because students were passing by her. "That girl is insane but gorgeous too. I saw her one time in their department climbing the walls so she could go to her brother's dorm."

"Well, if Richard is kind and a genius, his sister is his total opposite. If you want to pursue her, go. I won't mind." The guy chuckled and looked at the stage because the meeting was about to start.

Freen tried to focus on what they should do during the acquaintance party, but she couldn't due to thoughts of Becky again. She was driving her insane.

"Freen!" Love called her name the moment they left the auditorium because the meeting was already done. She was holding papers, and Freen didn't know what they were. "Someone gave me two movie tickets. It's the best romantic movie this year. These past days, I've been devastated because my grandmother was confined to a hospital, and I need to unwind."

"That's great," Freen nodded and chuckled awkwardly. "I mean, watching a movie is a great way to relax."

Love clung onto her arms and showed her that the papers were tickets for the movie. "It's great, isn't it?" Love smiled and looked at Freen.

"Yes. You can watch it twice. Tell your friend that he or she is nice." Freen removed her hands and walked past her.

She sensed that Love wanted to invite her, but she didn't have time for that. This weekend, she wanted to go back home and talk to her aunt again about her father and try to persuade her to go to the doctor. That's it. She should focus on her aunt and let Becky wander wherever she wanted. She had enough. If she came back, then it's fine. If she didn't, then she would move on.

Freen didn't realize that she walked past the dormitory building already. And now, she was near the library. Richie canceled their review together since he had something to do, and Freen didn't want to read anything about the lesson. She didn't need to review anyway. She was smart enough.

She went to the library, and the smell of books greeted her. It was addicting, and she didn't want to leave already. It wasn't her first time here, but this was the first time she smelled the library like this. She headed to the fiction books and tried to look for a perfect book that would match her situation.

"Persuasion by Jane Austen." Freen read the title of the book but returned it to the shelf. She already knew what happened there. Anne, the main character, was persuaded to break up with her boyfriend because he didn't have anything at the moment. But since Jane Austen had a way of making love stories go from impossible to possible, Anne and Frederick got back together in a smooth way. It was a great book but Freen was looking for a deeper genre.

She went to the romance section and scanned the titles of the books, but most of them were already read by her, especially the stories of Jane Austen, Nicholas Sparks, and Julie Garwood. She couldn't find the best book that would suit her situation. One that she hadn't read.

"There it is!" Freen squealed, causing the librarian to warn her. She awkwardly smiled and tried to reach the book but couldn't.

"Is this the book you're looking for?" Someone asked in a soft voice and took the book from the higher part of the shelf and gave it to Freen. The guy was taller than her and looked like a half-Korean and a half-rich man. His skin was flawless, and he smiled sweetly at her.

"Yes. Thank you," she said and slowly averted her gaze. Should she ask for the guy's name? Or ignore him? A thank you would be enough, right?

"I'm a transfer student here. I'm just here in the meantime," the guy started even though she wasn't asking. "I'm Heng, by the way. Asavarid Heng Pinitkanjanapun."

Freen furrowed her brows. His surname was somehow familiar. Did they meet before? But this face wasn't familiar to her. Freen covered her mouth when she realized. Pinitkanjanapun is the owner of the company where his father works. What a small world.