Chapter 60

Early in the morning, Freen met me outside my building, her face beaming with joy as she pulled my luggage towards her. Sporting sunglasses atop her head, she leaned casually against her car door, arms crossed, exuding coolness despite looking like an excited child.

"Hi, my favorite person!" Freen greeted, assisting me with my luggage and stowing it in the car. "Ready for the trip?" she asked, reaching for my hand and pulling me closer.

"Freen, we're in public," I reminded her, averting my gaze. "People might see us."

"It's five in the morning, Becky. No one will recognize us," she assured, smiling and tilting her head to catch my eye. "I miss you, even though you're right here with me." Freen pulled me into a tight embrace, causing our bodies to touch, but I couldn't meet her gaze, which only made her chuckle.

"Let's go," I said, patting her shoulder and gesturing towards the car. But before I could enter, I noticed Milk in the distance. I had informed her the previous night about my trip abroad and inability to work for her, hoping she understood. I waved to her, and she nodded in acknowledgment.

"Who's that?" Freen inquired as I joined her in the car. "Milk?"

"Yeah," I confirmed, glancing at the rearview mirror where Milk still lingered. "I hope I'm not being rude. I told her about my trip and that I couldn't work, but she seems to be here."

"It's fine," Freen reassured, chuckling as she started the engine. "Let's go. A week with just you and me," she grinned mischievously.

"What do you mean?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion.

"You'll see," she teased, winking at me before driving off.

Instead of heading to the airport, Freen surprised me by taking me to the shore, where we were ushered onto a superyacht, our bags handled by staff. Grinning widely, Freen exclaimed, "Surprise!"

"I thought you had work?" I questioned, scanning the nearly empty yacht.

"I do," she confessed with a smile. "I'm making our relationship work here."

"Did you lie to me?" I raised an eyebrow, but her tender gestures softened my resolve.

"This is my sweetest lie, Becky. Please forgive me," Freen pleaded, drawing me close and kissing my forehead, melting my resistance.

Later, as we stood on the yacht's cockpit, watching the sea, Freen confessed her desire to build a future with me, willing to sacrifice everything. Overwhelmed, I reciprocated, revealing my own longing to be with her.

Freen's expression shifted to one of surprise. "You're serious?" she asked, seeking reassurance.

I nodded, smiling. "Yes, I want to be your girlfriend, your one and only."

"Then be mine," Freen urged, leaning in for a kiss, sealing our newfound commitment.

***

Freen and I spent the evening in a suite, passing the time with offline games on her phone. She lounged on the bed while I leaned against her, watching her play.

"Aren't you tired of these match-3 games? You should try simulations or role-playing games instead," I suggested, trying to spice up our gaming session.

Freen looked at me with a quizzical expression before shutting off her phone. "Why? Are you a gamer too?"

I shook my head, grabbing Freen's arms and wrapping them around me. "I saw Lego playing once, and he was so engrossed. I couldn't even talk to him."

"How about we play a game?" Freen suggested, planting a kiss on my head. "Two truths and a lie. Loser takes a shot."

"You're a lightweight, Freen. Don't say I didn't warn you," I teased, shifting to sit opposite her.

Freen sighed dramatically, pretending to contemplate her options. "I'll win every time," she boasted before heading off to fetch some drinks.

When she returned, excitement sparkled in her eyes as she set up the game. "You first," she urged, gesturing for me to begin.

"Alright," I began, thinking of something that would stump her. "First, I enjoy gardening. Second, I dream of becoming an engineer. Third, I have a passion for wine."

"That's too easy. Second," Freen guessed confidently, prompting me to take a sip.

Rolling my eyes, I realized she hadn't forgotten about my past aspirations.

"Now, it's my turn," Freen declared, grinning mischievously. "First, I worked as a cashier before my current job. Second, I only pursued engineering because of my aunt's advice. Third, I once had a crush on a boy."

"The third one," I guessed, confident in my choice.

"Gulf was my ex, remember?" Freen reminded me, eyebrows raised. I had forgotten about that detail. "Starting to sulk already? You better get the next one right."

I laughed, finding her petulance endearing. "Fine, but I have a better idea. Let's skip the game and ask each other questions instead."

"What do you mean?" Freen asked, pouring drinks into our glasses.

"I want to get to know you better, Freen. I want us to be open with each other," I confessed.

Freen nodded slowly, handing me a glass. "But you have to drink first!"

Rolling my eyes playfully, I obliged, and we embarked on a heartfelt exchange. As Freen shared her struggles while managing her father's business, tears welled up in her eyes, and my heart ached for her. I had underestimated the challenges she faced on her path to success.

"Don't leave me too, Becky," Freen pleaded, drifting off to sleep in my arms, her vulnerability laid bare.

"I won't," I whispered, holding her close, grateful for the chance to comfort her. "I should thank you for coming back."