Chapter 29

Heng trailed Freen until she decided to return to the dorm, provoking her to become furious and confront him. Wasn't it enough that she had expressed gratitude for retrieving the book? Moreover, he didn't seem lost.

Freen didn't want to get involved with Heng, given that he shared the same surname as the owner of the company where her father worked. What if he was related to them? That would surely bring her closer to her father, a connection she wished to avoid. Her plan was to stay with her aunt until she graduated and started her own family; living with her father was not an option, and she wanted to remain oblivious to anything about him.

"Why are you following me? Are you lost?" Freen asked, irritation consuming her.

"Nope," Heng shook his head. "I am on my way to the dorm to read my books," he added, innocently displaying the books he carried. He walked past her, embarrassing her. How could she have assumed he was following her?

"That's embarrassing," Richie teased, wrapping his arm around Freen. "You've met him already?"

"You knew him?" Freen furrowed her brows, pushing Richie's arm away.

"He's a transfer student. The dean asked me if he could stay in my dorm temporarily. I think he's just here for the semester and then he'll leave. I didn't pry into their business, just agreed. I heard he's wealthy, though." Richie chuckled.

"So, he's your roommate for a while?" Freen clarified.

"Yes, and he's joining us for dinner later. I'll introduce him to Engfa," Richie said, observing the books Freen held. "Since when did you start reading a romance story?" He playfully snatched one of the books.

Freen tried to retrieve it, but Richie laughed and hid it. However, in the struggle, the book dropped, and its cover separated. Both furrowed their brows and read it.

"What are you guys doing?" Engfa suddenly appeared, grabbing the book from the ground. "Why are you reading an erotic novel? Don't tell me you're going to—"

"Of course not!" Freen and Richie immediately denied it. Engfa's comments needed filtering sometimes.

"I saw this on the shelf. I thought it was 'Call Me By Your Name.' Someone changed the book cover for a prank," Freen explained, returning the cover. "Anyway, I've got to go. I still have things to do."

"But I'm here to tell you that we're going out this afternoon. We're going to buy dresses. It's my treat," Engfa informed her.

"We're fine, Engfa. Besides, Freen and I should wear a couple's outfit to the party. We can come with you, but don't bother buying as one," Richie interrupted, expressing his desire to be the one to buy a dress for Freen.

"Fine. Let's go," Engfa agreed, reaching for Freen's hand, leaving Richie behind. "I know a great boutique, but the road is kind of crowded because there's a cafe, hospital, and a hotel nearby. But I hope you won't mind. I'll treat you to the cafe after," she said.

"I won't," Freen chuckled, and they walked together.

In the parking lot, Richie took the wheel without objection, as Freen sat in the passenger seat. They discussed the dresses they wanted for the party, with Freen mentioning the mafia theme. However, when they reached the boutique, Engfa struggled to find a suitable dress. The head insisted that all females wear a dress.

"I'll answer the call; I'll go out for a while," Richie excused himself while Engfa was changing.

Freen, feeling bored but not showing it, looked outside through the glass wall. She spotted a familiar face.

"Becky?" Freen rushed outside, bumping into Richie. He looked at her with curiosity and scanned the area, trying to see who Freen had seen.

"Where are you going?" Richie asked.

"Your sister is here. I saw her," Freen tried to pull away, but he held her tightly.

"That's impossible, Freen. Stop it! She's not here, okay? You should go back inside."

"But I'm sure, Richie. I know every part of Becky's face, and I'm sure as hell that it's her!" Freen insisted and broke free from Richie's grip.

"Fine. If you want to find her, then go," Richie surrendered and went back inside the boutique.

Freen looked around but couldn't see Becky again. If only Richie hadn't held her in place, she could have chased her. Now, Becky was out of sight again. Freen sighed and ran her fingers through her hair out of frustration. She needed to know where she was, just the location, for clarification; otherwise, she would be mad searching for her.

---

Just saw this on twitter. Finding Becky 👀 HAHAHA. She'll appear very very soon. Thank you for reading vivies! Iloveyouall! Mumu. 😚

- vivaciousgeek

- vivaciousgeek